AVI's opinions please.

llortmt, Aug 2, 11:59am
I'm just reading through the new 'Model Quality Management System' and 'Notice of Appointment' literature I've received.
I expected all the crap about 'Conflicts of Interest', however there is a lot of talk of 'Financial Interest'.
Thus it seems probable to me that I can no longer WoF my six loan cars and workshop ute as they are all owned by the business i.e. I/the Inspecting Organisation has a financial interest in them.
According to NZTA a 'Financial Interest' in a vehicle means, but is not limited to operating a vehicle, or deriving a benefit or making an income, directly or indirectly, from the operation of that vehicle; but, does not include where such a vehicle is being used primarily for the purpose of delivering inspection and certification services;
What do you guys think, MTA seem to think you should just record them as 'Conflicts of Interest' (which I have done on their provided register) however now I'm not so sure!?
'or deriving a benefit or making an income' That's every vehicle EXCEPT my own cars isn't it?, I'm not inspecting customers cars out of good will!

xs1100, Aug 2, 8:16pm
well even yr own cars you are making a income off because they are courtesy cars therefore people bring there own car in and use yrs so really you cant issue wofs to anything apart from yr g/kids tri cycle lol

mugenb20b, Aug 2, 8:55pm
Or start up a car rental company and rent all your own / courtesy cars back to yourself.

twink19, Aug 3, 1:04am
one of your staff could possibly do them, as he has no financial interest in them

llortmt, Aug 3, 3:50am
No this is no go and no different to me doing the inspection (I'm an employee but also director and shareholder). The vehicles are owned by the company not me, but the company (not me) is the Inspecting Organisation.

llortmt, Aug 4, 6:53am
Called NZTA today and asked exactly what it meant.
I read it to the girl several times and she said 'that doesn't sound right does it?'.
She claimed that an expert would call me back (still waiting).
Called MTA who have no clue although apparently the guy I need to speak to is off until the 10th.
I'd really like to meet the guy who writes this stuff at NZTA, does he speak to his wife and kids in such unintelligible babble?.
'From time to time the parents do reserve the right to hereby vary bedtime without presidency or prejudice, both with or without revision or variance of any real or implied contract.'

sw20, Aug 4, 7:29am
What if NZKiwi's MG buyer works for the NZTA.

llortmt, Aug 4, 8:31am
Then he will still be typing his reply LOL!

llortmt, Aug 5, 7:33am
So I chased NZTA up today as they hadn??

zephyrheaven, Nov 15, 6:38pm
MTA are a lying pack of ingrates, I wouldnt trust or rely on them as far as I could kick their local bloke. Biggest waste of blue ink Ive ever seen