WOF Expiry

andrew1954, Oct 1, 2:41am
I recently purchased a car and October is its WOF month, based on punched out holes on the front of the label, but the actual date, which is handwritten on the inside has long faded away ! Is there any way armed with the WOF number i can find out the actual expiry date ?
Also i assume a "nosey" meter maid or Policeman can also only determine the expiry date down to the month, so would not ticket untill it was November ?
I have every intention to get a bright and shiny new WOF in the next week or two, but would be nice to know the actual date, it was due

2sheddies, Oct 1, 3:04am
It will be on the nzta database, so if you ring them, and give the details I'm sure they could help.

Personally I wouldn't bother taking the trouble. I'd just do as you say and get a new one. Just in case you aren't aware, they don't backdate a wof, as they do with rego. The new wof will be valid from the date of inspection.

shaun16, Oct 1, 4:12am
mine was unreadable last warrant. then they asked me if I knew the expiry date! um you've got the computer in front of you, surely you can look it up!

lugee, Oct 1, 4:33am
If it's at or within 2 weeks (14 days) of expiring, the new WoF will begin from the current expiry, not inspection date.

franc123, Oct 1, 5:26am
Any inspection centre can tell you but since you will be going there anyway you may as well just go get a new one, its only got at maximum 31 days left and as above if it expires in the next 14 days its going to run from that date. Even if it expires on Oct 31 you will only lose 16 days.

andrew1954, Oct 1, 5:45am
Have just found the answer. It is 15th Oct. Just went to TradeMe and started to list it for sale and the first thing TM wanted was the rego, from which it retreived all the vehicle details, including WOF expiry date !

franc123, Oct 1, 6:12am
So what's wrong with it then lol.

2sheddies, Oct 1, 7:27am
Thanks for that, I wasn't aware.

andrew1954, Feb 27, 2:27am
Oh. Boo boo time again. When the trademe info said "WOF = Oct 15" this means October 2015 NOT 15th of October.
Silly boy Andrew !