Bathurst Coming Up Again. 11th October 2015.

Page 1 / 2
ruby2014, Sep 4, 8:32am
So how are we going to be able to view it online, if we don't have sky?
Any ideas ?

muzz67, Sep 4, 8:36am
Petition Shaun Summerfield?

ruby2014, Sep 4, 9:09am
I would pay to view it, but no way will I sign up to sky just to see motor racing.

jmma, Sep 4, 10:10am
VIPbox (o:

ctaylor14, Sep 4, 10:37am
Sky tv do daily or weekly fanpass now. Sky sport 1-4 for 15/day or 20/week if you want a legal stream.

bunny2121, Sep 4, 6:54pm
But does not include the pop up channels which most of the V8's and im sure Bathurst will be on.

ryanm2, Sep 4, 6:58pm
vipbox or cricfree - there will be a number of excellent quality streams. Im sure on the morning everyone will help each other to find the best one.

howie69, Sep 4, 7:40pm
I fly back to Aussie on 27th when we start setting up the two Supercheap Stores. Work right through and pull them down after racing finishes. Yes get time off to watch the racing and full access to everywhere. Hope Ford wins again

mike1345, Sep 4, 9:07pm
I'd be more interesting in watching it if wasn't just a Holden/Ford pissing contest.

tamarillo, Sep 4, 9:13pm
Yes, we need Volvo, Nissan, and how about Mercedes? Emm have you watched any this year?

serf407, Sep 4, 9:30pm
South Island Endurance Championship soon.
1 20 September 2014 Teretonga Park, Invercargill
2 4 October 2014 Mike Pero Motorsport Park, Christchurch
3 18 October 2014 Timaru International Raceway
Porsche, GT3 Camaro etc

sr2, Sep 4, 10:04pm
Bench seat, pudding basin helmet, cotton overalls, lap seat belt and a huge set of 'nads!

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server700/yv47z/products/2723/images/1646/65711__87229.1371883507.200.200.jpg?c=2

gman35, Sep 4, 11:39pm
Don't they all have some same "control" components (chassis or engine) though ?
Either way, I much preferred and watched when the cars were actually identical in body/wheel size (and 99% of engine) to what you could buy and see on the road. The big difference in speed, especially with the group A, B, C class cars made it more interesting re: passing etc. also. I appreciate close racing but it was interesting to see if that "2litre class Alfa" was going to hold up the Grp A leader and let the next car catch up and vice-versa.
Even if a Nissan Skyline/Ford Sierra was leading by 2 laps, at least there was different size/speed/shape vehicles to watch passing each other. Now it's watching cars mostly the same speed that just look sort of like a normal one, and the notion of supporting a "Brand" especially is just a joke.

mainlander05, Sep 5, 12:29am
Well I have to bluge on my friends as I can't afford sky.no,I mean I can't afford sky.but have a few friends who also watch bathurst so try your mates.make sure you take plenty to eat and drink to thank them.

mike1345, Sep 5, 12:33am
Motor racing, I can take it or leave it, but I'd rather watch classic racing if I was going to watch anything.

elect70, Sep 5, 12:40am
Some Cosie clubs do it group of us I used to watch it at Petone WMC so long as ABs arent playing anywhere

serf407, Sep 5, 1:03am
Engines are different - chassis -pace control design. in V8SCs
Different cars and speed is the Bathurst 12 hour.
http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/

cheapy11, Sep 5, 8:37pm
Don't forget GT3 spec Audi R8 GT3, Corvette GT3, Ferrari 458 & Falcon V8 Supercar etc taking on the Kiwibuilt Corvette, Chev Cruise V8, V8ST, supra engined Toyota 86, RX7 V8's and much much more

patiki1, Sep 5, 9:30pm
At Hampton Downs today
Production Muscle Cars
Northern Muscle Cars
All Classic Japanese Series
ACC Production Classes
Racing Saloons Classes
New Zealand Tranzam
Fathers day drags tomorrow
It would be good to see the fastest South island tin tops vs North island

budgel, Sep 5, 10:08pm
I find that like when rugby went to paid viewing, I just end up watching less of it.
I used to casually follow it on TV, it was a nice way to spend a slack sunday arvo after the lawns were cut.

socram, Sep 6, 1:07am
Next weekend (12/13th) just as good. Icebreaker meeting with over 200 entries.

Agree with #13. That used to be probably the best motorsport TV ever - and I have a long, long memory, which goes back to the 1950s.

melonhead1, Sep 6, 2:24am
It won't be the same after Aussie car manufacturing ends.

texastwo, Sep 6, 2:33am
[quote=budgel.
I used to casually follow it on TV, it was a nice way to spend a slack sunday arvo after the lawns were cut.[/quote]
Couldnt you find any more jobs for the little woman to do?

steveo351, Sep 7, 10:01pm
I was there, some great racing. the poor guy with the XR wont be feeling to well for a while

cheapy11, Sep 8, 4:56am
You can.
Hampton Downs on 23 March 2016 will see the fastest tip-tops from the North Island take on the fastest tin-tops from the South Island.