R.I.P Jonah

Page 1 / 2
lookoutas, Nov 19, 5:22am
He syphoned enough bucks into cars to deserve a mention on this MB.

brapbrap8, Nov 19, 5:54am
Yes he was a big name in the NZ car scene.
NZ performance car did a write up today about some of his cars as a tribute.
He was especcially well known in the SPL (Sound Pressure Level) competitions which is why Fusion named their speakers and audio components after him.

ema1, Nov 19, 6:26am
Yes for sure he had a major impact and touched many folks around the globe. What a massive void there is now in lots of respects. Rest In Peace BIG MAN.

marmar1, Nov 19, 7:08am
Too true.

cagivachick1, Nov 19, 7:11am
now all we will hear is jonah this and jonah that, im sure other people died today that made a bigger contribution to society

woody1946, Nov 19, 7:20am
Don't forget he was an ALL BLACK the most important people in the country

cagivachick1, Nov 19, 7:35am
you mean a highly paid professional sportsman ia gree thats better than some bloke inventing a cancer cure eh

poppajn, Nov 19, 8:01am
yes, he got a kidney donated, was advised to give up rugby, but what did he do?, played more rugby.

trogedon, Nov 19, 8:07am
Agreed. He's now becoming Saint Jonah.

h.e, Nov 19, 8:44am
The trolls are out in force, show a bit of class and crawl back under your bridge assholes

danchop, Nov 19, 8:55am
I'm 100% your wrong,most recognised player ever in a major world sport,.
most pick me up person for people suffering a kidney disease,.
made boy racer/loud sound freaks a tiny bit more respectable in non car freaks.
watch your hate on people,the guy contributed more than his fair share

richardmayes, Nov 19, 9:01pm
40 is very young to go, and he's been seriously ill for about half his life. Pretty tough. His kids are only about 5 or 6. Most kids think their dads are superheroes at that age, his kids would actually be right about that.

I remember after the 1999 semifinal loss to France, most of his team mates disappeared from the field to have a sulk, but Lomu stayed out to congratulate the victorious French players. Gracious in defeat. Pretty solid for a young 24 year old who'd previously had the whole world telling him what a super star he is for several years.

bwg11, Nov 19, 9:36pm
Absolutely.A little respect would be appropriate. RIP Jonah.

mad_signtist, Nov 19, 10:12pm
Very sad day that was. Always remember watching him when I was younger bursting through those players on the fields. Then buying fusion sound gear just because LOMU had it in his car! Rip big man!

mals69, Nov 19, 10:20pm
Was such a gentlemen, loved hearing the story yesterday of him packing a suitcase full of lollies while on an all black tour and some all blacks were concerned they were going to be bad for him - but they were for impoverished kids in one of the countries they were going to. Bless.

texastwo, Nov 19, 10:31pm
wondered why, in all the TV coverage last night,Grant Kereana's name wasnt mentioned (sp)

bjmh, Nov 19, 11:04pm
I remember my Dad. who has long departed this earth. he would ride his chair towards the tv set,when Jonah ran over the poms. my old man was just about on top of the screen. haere ra Jonah . thanks for the memories.

socram, Nov 20, 1:07am
I'm no rugby fan, far from it, but admire anyone of that size who was such a fantastic all round sportsman - and he was a car nut, albeit an area of car culture that doesn't interest me. More than appropriate to pay our respects on here especially as he did do a lot way outside of rugby and obviously inspired a lot of people.

RiP indeed.

trogedon, Nov 20, 1:22am
"show a bit of class and crawl back under your bridge" and stop calling people uncalled for offensive names.

lookoutas, Nov 20, 5:38am
I didn't see anything that was uncalled for. Or incorrect.

monsieurl, Nov 20, 6:14am
FFS You can always guarantee to get some douchebag comments on the TTMB Motoring page. Now, no one start a "Peace for Paris" thread because someone here will surely believe it was the victims fault SMFH!

patiki1, Nov 20, 6:17am
This thread is about Jonah,not as a All Black but a car nut like the rest of us.Who can forget some of the cars he had,Mark Bardsleys old blown camaro,a Holden hsv and a R34 GT-R to name a few.

saxman99, Nov 20, 7:24am
Don't forget the TVR.

gtrb26, Nov 20, 8:45am
He was like that when we met him, he hung around for ages taking photos and signing autographs, would have been the last All Black to leave some didn't even stop.

terry77.ta, Sep 25, 8:23am
Loved the story a few years back in Street Machine about how Victor Bray met Jonah, at Meremere noticed him under the hood of his Camaro, changing the plugs. true petrol head!