Utes awesome comparison

3tomany, Oct 20, 7:44am

2get1, Oct 20, 8:15am
interesting and informative read

tamarillo, Oct 20, 8:40am
Such is the powe of Toyota , hilux still top selling tradie in Aus.
Ouch for Holden,

brapbrap8, Oct 20, 10:55am
WTF Toyota, 10,000km service intervals?
Good to see they haven't progressed very far since the 90's.

Interesting how different websites rate the utes differently, another one I read recently placed the Triton in 3rd place behind the VW and Ford, and the Navara last.

Also there are some major differences between the Australian utes and what is sold here too.
For example they comment the BT50 is uncomfortable because it uses harder suspension than the Ranger, while in NZ the BT50 has noticeably softer suspension.

Also strange that they tested the top model utes against the mid range Ranger?

martin11, Oct 20, 6:22pm
A few years ago I was in a mining area of Aus and talking to a supervisor at the mine and asked why they had Toyotas instead of supporting the local utes . He told me that they tried aus utes and within months most of them had major problems as they were not standing up to the outback road and mine roads and were breaking up .
All of the lease utes were sent back and Toyotas replaced them as they stood up to the conditions they had to work in .

tony9, Oct 20, 7:07pm
Not surprised that Aus Holden and Falcon utes did not compete with Hiluxes. The Ford and Holden Thai utes should be OK though.

franc123, Jan 17, 9:21am
Oh yeessss these Thai utes are 100% trouble free and far superior to everything else, doesn't matter what badge is on the front. Ask their respective warranty departments how good they really are. I'm not sure why they warrant direct comparison with Aust built car based utes, they aren't even the same type of vehicle and aren't 4WD.