Dash cams

cheif42, Nov 2, 7:27am
recommendations please

so many to choose from online .

tub4, Nov 2, 8:06am
Our company supply Navman to all their drivers, unsure why but they seem to do the job fine

cheif42, Nov 2, 8:32am
i thought navman was gps ? do they do dashcams as well ?

shall, Nov 2, 8:34am
I got a transcend one that works ok, got it as it was wide angle, got two cars but one cam so will get another, was going to transfer it to other car for the day but couldn't be bothered then ran into someone who pulled out on me and wished I did have it

tub4, Nov 2, 8:35am
Yes they do both & we use both

peja, Nov 2, 9:55pm
I bought one at the Warehouse a couple of years ago, it failed after a while
Got a better one from Repco more recently, 1080P so reasonable picture quality, was about $140 if I recall correctly, has been good so far. Get a decent quality SD card/ micro SD card to go with it, and you should be OK

cognition, Nov 2, 10:04pm
Currently have a Navman Mivue 580 which I got for about $200 (but apparently, there's not too much different in core functionality between that and the base model 530).

Seems to have the clearest footage that I've come across so far, comes out more clearly than the no-name (supposedly 1080p) dash cam I had previously. Just wished Navman produced one with dual cameras (with a separate rear facing camera)

slarty45, Nov 2, 10:06pm
I have a Blackvue DR600, very small/discrete, lives between mirror & windscreen.
Can view/save files to computer or smart phone.
Has Wifi, GPS, 32Gb micro SD (can take 64GB)
If I were to buy again, would get the same but DR650 model as it has a better camera sensor. Dual rear cam version available.

bryshaw, Nov 2, 11:49pm
Those Repco ones are ok, but like every cam use the better micro SD cards on class 10 for smoother transfer.

billyfieldman, Nov 3, 2:31am
Repco has 2.5" VGA Drive Recorder for $44 including a 4GB card.

footplate1, Nov 29, 8:13am
The SJ4000 had a good review last week. SJ5000 less so.