What to buy?

mousiemousie, Nov 20, 6:42pm
Its time to upgrade my 2002 Diamante VRX. Wanting something comparable 2013 or newer.

vtecintegra, Nov 20, 6:46pm
V6 Accord and the Aurion are probably the closest to the old Diamante

tamarillo, Nov 20, 6:50pm
Comparable in what way? The accord and Arion are similar, but if what wanted is comparable in terms of interior space for instance then there's lots of choices.
Also budget, likes, dislikes, kind if driving you do?
Let us know.

mousiemousie, Nov 20, 7:34pm
Comparable all round I guess. Good interior space, decent size boot, power, towing capacity, sporty looking. Quite liked the tiptronic, but would prefer manual or another tiptronic over standard auto. Most of my driving is motorway driving 80km or open road. A bit of round town. Looking at 20k mark. Thanks.

kazbanz, Nov 20, 7:42pm
mousie--I would suggest having a look at the Holden commodore SV6
Good interior space comfortable to drive.
20k for a 2 year old car is a fairly big ask though

vtecintegra, Nov 20, 7:50pm
Depends on how picky you are - easy to get a fleet spec Aurion of that age for that money, and they're not terribly equipped

tamarillo, Nov 20, 8:38pm
Commodore sv6 like Kaz says.
Accord v6 is undervalued so might work. Accord euro 2.4 has more grunt than any same engine size. Great open road and excellent economy. Maybe not big enough?
You might find a Mondeo big enough, they grew over the years and are good open road cars. Worth trying one on. Maybe not enough grunt for you though? Steers and drives much nicer than Camry / aurion.

thunderbolt, Nov 20, 8:44pm
FG Falcon, with 6 speed ZF box.
Wouldn't hesitate to have another one.

3tomany, Nov 20, 8:46pm
xr6 or sv6 are the closest you will get but not for 20k unless you are going for a higher mileage version. Mondeo is definately the best of the rest, many have been driven by fleet owners so one in your budget might be out there.

totalimp, Oct 1, 2:08am
Sv6 for sure. They last for alot of kms if they are taken care of. $20K will get you a decent one, but not 2013.