Fwd & rwd SR20det cranks

buchananz, Oct 5, 6:20am
Can anyone tell me if a rwd sr20det crank can be used in my 4wd gtir sr20 det engine!
Will a rwd sr20det engine bolt up to a 4wd gearbox!

happylad3, Oct 5, 6:36am
yea pretty sure the cranks are the same. its the oil pump on hte front of the crank nose thats different between rwd and rwd.

zoltec45, Oct 5, 8:47am
No the fwd sr20det and rwd sr20det are pretty much different engines and wont bolt up to the other gearbox without a real hassle on your hands. Likewise a fwd sr20det is a pain to mount in a rwd chassis and just too expensive for little or no gains

johnf_456, Oct 5, 12:25pm
As above

buchananz, Oct 6, 12:55am
So I cant put an s14 crank into my gtir!

vivac, Oct 6, 6:14am
The internals are actually very similar, i would be surprised if the cranks werent the same.
Very different blocks though.

bubbles244, Oct 6, 6:16am
you want the SR20DE/T crank from a 1993 or before TE 4wd primera/ blue bird or aviner to fit the GTIR.

psx_man, Oct 6, 7:55am
No those cranks won't fit, GTiR use bigger bearings.

zoltec45, Oct 6, 11:50am
GTiR 4wd sr20det have stronger rods, crankshaft, and different crown design. From a bit of research on forums it looks like you can put the rods and piston crowns into a RWD block but not the crank as it uses different bearings. You cant use the FWD block with a RWD box as the bellhousing mounts in the block/holes in the box dont line up properly.

In short, get a GTiR crank to go in your GTiR block, theyre the strongest anyway.

kiwicon, Oct 6, 9:14pm
As said above - no. when I rebuilt my Aviner SR20DET that I had in my FWD Primera, i used a FWD SR20DE crank. GTiR was a no go, so that means all other DE FWDs are out too.

I think bluebird are different also.

Have you tried measuring up a 16 or 20VE crank! im pretty sure the 16VE are 4cw

andy, Jul 17, 1:32pm
I am lucking for a upgrade oil pump for a fwd sr20det