Methods of reducing torque steer.

Page 2 / 2
morrisman1, Nov 21, 9:29am

mrcat1, Nov 21, 9:52am

ema1, Nov 21, 10:23pm
My 10cents worth morrisman I'd be willing to bet that the engine mounts and suspension bushes and general strength of the front regions of the body need a drastic beefing up!
I'll bet the engine and suspension is moving around excessively causing the weird results plus wildly varying alignment effects you are getting there.
Also plus spring rates and shock absorber control rates and alignment specs need to be worked out to suit, it needs to be thoroughly and extensively experimented with.
Quite likely that with drive shafts being shortened as mentioned there will be geometry issues with the whole suspension drive train set up!

saki, Nov 22, 3:47am
bag loads of caster for self centre, torque steer is due to diff being off set and diferent length shafts common problem with the old style tx3 turbos, journos reported in there motoring sections in the paper that these cars will kill your kids, Ford then set up the journos racing, with non turbo tx3

morrisman1, Mar 29, 3:01am
This well this car is essentially a tx3 drivetrain minus the turbo but in a smaller and more unstable body.

At some stage shortly Im going to put a bag of sand in the boot and see what that does