Here's what i wanted to post up AVENGR

franko171, Nov 20, 7:48am
that is nice

rob_man, Nov 20, 8:10am
Does that have a twin cam motor!

tigra, Nov 20, 8:16am
I remember Neil Deighton's Chavenger from Taihape!

pge, Nov 20, 9:04am
Must have been a private import, as it is a two-door, all local assembly was four-door only.
What is it - 1200/1500, or 1300/1600!
Are those geniune Minilites!

Looks as sweet as honey.

much jealousy from this end.

djrandomguy, Nov 20, 9:03pm
it was factory fitted with a warmed over 1500. Sadly this engine was destroyed, it now runs a recently rebuilt 1600 t/c, I'm trying to keep it stock. There is a kit you can import from the UK that will convert any 1500/1600 avenger into a BRM 16v Dohc, I am looking at this option for my newly acquired Alpine as I don't want to move this one too far from factory spec. The wheels are Performance wheels minilite clones. Again, this is something that time and money will remedy.

djrandomguy, Nov 20, 9:06pm
It was a private import. The story I was told is that the post office in Wellington was using Avenger wagons for it's fleet, The boss tacked this car onto the shipment for his own use, it was then re-sold to a car yard. The guy who did the original resto' work bought it from the wreckers yard after his neighbor had dumped it after breaking the drivers door glass and being unable to replace it, she dumpedthe whole car.

tigra, Nov 20, 9:18pm
Alpine.NICE!Not a Tiger I presume.

trogedon, Nov 21, 1:45am
Very Nice. I had a sales brochure for Avengers in the early 80s. I thought the cars were cool with cloth covers, tachos etc??

djrandomguy, Nov 21, 2:14am
cheers. I had morris minors before the Avengers so I know what you mean.

saki, Nov 21, 3:50am
yeah was racing against him at Manfield and the frontpipe broke off his header and was hanging out the side made the car pretty wide wider than his hupmorstein.