Something Completely different

geedubu, Nov 21, 3:38am
Auction 424587569 Now here's a car you don't see every day and it looks cheap too, just the kind of thing I'd buy if I didn't have a small & crowded garage & a smaller & empty wallet.

geedubu, Nov 21, 3:41am
thanks ninja man I'll learn how to do that some day

ninja_man, Nov 21, 3:47am
copy and paste mate.

hounddog2, Nov 21, 3:56am
custom worked nissan fairlady

geedubu, Nov 21, 4:03am
Way past that!Not a success but a completely original factory made car ex Canada, somewhat in the manner of the delorean (and just as scandalous as far as 10's of millions of $$$ lost).350V8 mid-engine makes it interesting.

geedubu, Nov 21, 5:50am
This could make a very interesting classic racer (200lbs to be saved by replacing powered gullwings with something lightweight to start with).Can't afford it but want to see some irresponsible enthusiast bid!

mantagsi, Nov 21, 6:22am
Hmmm. interesting history behind these, and mixed results. Definately pretty unique, I think they were originally marketed as the 'Bricklin Safety Car' or something like that. I don't know if the doors were tensioned with cryogenic torsion bars like the deloreans, or if they used a more conventional gas strut, so buyer beware. Neat little bit of history. the NZ made Heron MJ1 would be an interesting alternative if you can find one

thejazzpianoma, Nov 21, 6:58am
Neither, they are pneumatic, as in with an onboard air compressor.

How's that for useless information!