Bah didnt win the xr8 I was after.

hydroman08, Jan 16, 7:48am
now i gotta find something else!

fordguy17, Jan 16, 7:58am
What was so special about this XR8! Maybe it wasn't meant to be! Another, better one will pop up soon. Always happens to me. I get really wild about not winning a car part i really wanted/needed, then a few days later a better, cheaper one turns up. ;)

chris_051, Jan 16, 7:59am
Don't worry about it you would have got shown up by the XR6s anyway whos figures put the old wheezer to shame.

clark20, Jan 16, 8:08am
It's a sign, get a Holden.LOL

hydroman08, Jan 16, 8:09am
haha i did consider a 6-turbo.
Just nothing riced!
I'll keep looking.Just getting sick of bloody walking everywhere!

hydroman08, Jan 16, 8:09am
Thats what the guys at work keep telling me!

20498, Jan 16, 8:10am
+1 haha

fordguy17, Jan 16, 8:13am
He said he's getting sick of walking, that's about all he would be doing if he got one of them!

hydroman08, Jan 16, 8:14am
I think they would all beat me up if i bought a euro!

fordguy17, Jan 16, 8:16am
He didn't say what year Xr8. and the "Wheezers" are only suffocated by the stock heads/intake. change them and you have a "win"-sor. Or just by a BA+ modular 5.4If i had the coin, i would be quite happy with a SC Coyote motor from the Ford Racing parts catalogue lol.

skin1235, Jan 16, 8:19am
and pushing - don't forget the pushing
lose weight buy a holden

chris_051, Jan 16, 8:21am
Just taking the piss, I'm actually considering buying AUII XR8 ute myself. I would stretch to the BOSS but am unsure of how they fare over time/mileage. You have to admit tho that out of the box the XR6 EF/L and the VCT AU motors make the 185kw V8s a wate of time.

fordguy17, Jan 16, 8:31am
I think most Holden owners give up pushing. Street cred is minimal when driving one, i don't think they want to be seen pushing one.

icemans1, Jan 16, 8:33am
i would rather push a holden than drive a ford

fordguy17, Jan 16, 8:35am
Oh shit yeah, the EF/EL 4.0's are very nice engines and they do embarrass the old Windsor. Fords fault for importing the mustang donk i suppose, surely they would have figured out that the Americans are stuck in a rut with their engines. Ford Aus outshine Ford US, if only Ford US would actually acknowledge that and import the Falcon rather than force a FWD ecoboost Falcon onto Australia. Nothing sounds greater than a worked Windsor though, especially a tickled 347.

skin1235, Jan 16, 8:37am
neighbour has one, he often gets it towed to the corner on the way home, then sneaks out at night and pushes it up his driveway, where I suspect he puts another liter of gas in it and drives it back to work the next day, so maybe it's not the fact it's a holden, more the fact he's a tightarse holden owner, or perhaps with the huge monthly repair bills of owning a holden he cannot afford petrol lol

clark20, Jan 16, 8:49am
No street cred!.riiiighhttt

hydroman08, Jan 16, 6:16pm
they should make them in the same sort of fashion as the flinstones car!I mean they are dinosaurs anyway haha

jcwholesale, Jan 16, 8:02pm
You have 10k to spend, there is no BA turbo for that. Any of the XR models are expensive for what you get, they are very sparse inside, based on the lowest spec Falcon. If you look at Fairmont or Ghia model V8's you will get alot more bang for your buck. Later model, low kms, better spec, and a car that probably hasn't had the shit caned out of it. I should know I have workedfor a number of Ford dealers over the years and for the past 7 years sell them for myself now. I am not self promoting, just telling you through my experience your best options.

hydroman08, Jan 17, 4:06am
hey all what about something like this 345610822
Is it worth it!
My budget can probably stretch to about 11K
I suppose i can also look at nice 4 and 6's if anyone see's one.
Want a car that i dont need to work on too!

fordguy17, Jan 17, 6:10am
I think people must go for the "sport" factor, maybe they think they go quicker or something! I don't understand either.

That AU Ghia looks pretty good, those engines go very well also and respond well to very minor mods as they have the GT40p heads and intake.

friendly_prawn, Jan 17, 6:15am
Me too, I just missed out on the Bugatti Veyron I was going to buy.
Bugger when that happens eh!

hydroman08, Jan 17, 6:41am
not a daily driver as i have a work car.
More of a weekend toy :)

hydroman08, Jan 17, 5:12pm
and i didnt win the el camino either!
Not having good luck with this!