Recommended speed signs

Page 2 / 2
romulan7, Nov 23, 5:43am
I can think of a section of SH47 a few ks out from National Park nice long straight with a 95kph corner.Surprising how many vehicles heading towards National Park fall off that road in even dry conditions.The Flax bushes there are very good at softening the impact.

pollymay, Nov 23, 6:17am
I agree, they may be inconsistent but if you don't know the road then perhaps best to heed or obey them. Once you know the roads then you can use your own judgement. They are a great aid if you've ever been lost in the pitch black dark pouring with rain.

franc123, Nov 23, 6:38am
Don't know what they use now but it had been rumoured that in the 80's a 1974 HQ Belmont ex cab that had covered 400,000km, had knackered shocks and had several applications of Wynns Revive vinyl restorer on the front bench seat was the test vehicle.It might have been what replaced the Somersault.

pieman33h, Nov 23, 6:51am
the g force figure is .35 g, same as the static roll threshold for trucks, does pay to take it a bit easier than the sign posted if you are heavy tho.

tigertim20, Nov 23, 6:54am
and on a sportsbike, usually you can triple them.

stevo2, Nov 23, 8:06am
Absolutely but we dont go around 90kph corners at 180 do we.

ema1, Nov 23, 9:02am
He he funny you mention that FORD C I saw one (a Mazda MX5)that did that very same thing and DIDN'T make it at all, ended up in the "wreckers row" at the panel shop next door, lucky for the driver she didn't flip it actually, shortened it a fair amount though well actually unto almost a banana shape against a rock wall !
I'll bet she got hellish seat belt bruising out of it,as well as the broken wrists and broken leg in the accident.yep she survived ! God knows how.

skin1235, Apr 3, 1:19am
mate and I did a run down to lower hutt to pick up some kit, decided to give the aka' road a run, just for old times sake

there is no way in hell I could even get to the speeds posted between the corners, let alone around the corners, theres corners in there marked at 55km, the old 'lux was strugglin to get to 45 approachin them, no way was I gonna keep the pedal on the floor and try to make it at 50km or more

had one hell of a fun run though, comic comments the whole way through