Zongsheng 250 gs

afer_daily, Nov 22, 7:21am
anybody got one and its still running !mine has no spark / im picking its the cdi unit ! but which is it . on the rear of the frame there are two / one will be the cdi and the other the rectfier . so which is which / and how do i test it . anybody .

shane.64, Nov 22, 7:24am

shane.64, Nov 22, 7:28am
Hope this helps seams common .just click the x on top of the picture

afer_daily, Nov 22, 7:42am
thanks shane.64 thats the easy part / finding a cdi that works and stays working. anyway i will see how it works out .

afer_daily, Nov 22, 8:02am
any one know if other chinese cdi sfit!

shane.64, Nov 22, 8:04am
I can't see why you can'tuse a Japanese one as it does the same job and maybe easier to come buy

afer_daily, Nov 22, 8:07am
this is where i show my total lack of knowlege / are the plugs / connecres the same !

shane.64, Nov 22, 8:19am
Just get one with the connector and join it at the wirers or see a auto electrician for advice.At least with a japanese 250 cdi it will be reliable.They usually burnout when the key is ON with the motor not running they will over heat.This can also happen to some cars

bigfatmat1, Nov 22, 8:29am
The biggest problem with chinese cdi units is the pins in the plug causing bad connections there are heaps of differnt kinds but also heaps will fit your bike and most of them the plugs are the same ignore above advice about burning out you idealy need a scope to check the output of the cdi other connections csn be checked with volt meter.

bigfatmat1, Nov 22, 8:30am
there is an abundance of chinese parts available i would not waste my time wiring in one from a jap bike chinese ones are cheap as chips

mbikeman1, Mar 31, 7:57am
you should have a good read of the reviews on that model online,I was looking at one for my wife but after having a read i forgot all about it smartly.Electrics were at the top of the list for problems.There were 2 on here for parts this week for 350 each.As bigfatmat1 said parts like a cdi can be picked upfor as little as $10 to $15 so way easier/cheaper to buy chinese,i wish you luck