Do you feel suspicious when you see newbies biddin

friendly_prawn, Nov 22, 8:01pm
Listing #: 423810408

friendly_prawn, Nov 22, 8:04pm
Just using that auction as an example.There's been a few times i have been going to bid on something, then new unauthenticated 0 trade bidders seem to pop up, and I cant help but feel suspicious. One has to wonder why the seller would not chose authenticated bidders only to stop any idiots from ruining their auction. Am I right to be suspicious, or just an over active imagination!

flybye_in_a_rx7, Nov 22, 8:18pm
i would be suspicious if it was a dealer selling a $1 reserve. they seem to get good prices on their $1 reserves, but i spose people may just pay more since it is coming from a dealer

kazbanz, Nov 22, 8:40pm
Why target one section of the population!
Heck the number of auctions by "private" sellers who suddenly withdraw the auction or have mates bidding for them etc is huge.
Incidently I don't accept bids from new bidders because as much as you may be right theres also the scammers or people with really bad rep creating accounts just to muck up an auction

pericles, Nov 22, 8:46pm
2 newbees on their auction

friendly_prawn, Nov 22, 9:13pm
yep, one of the original bidders was also a 0 trader - newbie.
I thought about bidding on above vehicle. It's enough to put me off.

kiwicon, Nov 22, 9:32pm
on the other side of the coin, people have to win actions to get rated feedbacks. but 2 in the one auction . hmmmm

a.woodrow, Nov 22, 9:52pm
Yeah I often wonder this too - but at the end of the day, bid what you're prepared to pay. I would let a new trader buy a car off me on the basis that they make contact to confirm they are a serious bidder.

kazbanz, Nov 22, 10:46pm
Again in fairness I get a LOT of zero rep bidders trying to bid on my auctions. It would seem that having low rep and an inability to read go hand in hand

noswalg, Nov 23, 12:42am
The first bidder on my auction has no feedback I was suspicious as he hasn't asked any questions about car or asked to view it even though start was the reserve although he has been outbid by another trader who also hasnt wanted to see the car yet. i just hope they are genuine

rotormotor7, Nov 23, 8:25am
and it looks like the winner had no concept of how an auction works hahaha

friendly_prawn, Nov 23, 9:02am
wonder if we see it re listed in a few days time. :-)