Falco owners

radark, Jan 19, 8:20am
i have a 1995 xr6 and the electric windows have stopped working.unforunately the window is down. i have undone the cosole bit and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with thge actual switches.could it be a fuse and if so which one

twink19, Jan 19, 8:24am
could be the switch in the door, or the motor

tim8069, Jan 19, 8:24am
Not a fuse if the others are working, could be a broken wire or busted window motor, usually its the switches on these though, and they are repairable, they just get dirty contacts. Did you pull the switch apart! If you do be careful, little pieces come out.

radark, Jan 19, 8:26am
yes pulled the switch apart and seemed all good so i guess it is the motor.ikt has been failing randomly for abit. they are a bit of a problem.just need the window up really don't care if it never goes down lol

tim8069, Jan 19, 8:36am
Try tapping the motorwith door trim off, or first try banging the door from the outside while working the switch. Not saying it will work, but is worth a try. Its like a little starter motor haha

biddy6, Jan 19, 8:43am
Just in case, try one of the other switches that do work in place of the non-working one, might help.

quickstitch, Jan 19, 8:53am
usually the cable is stuffed. easy to replace whole unit. and the cause is usually the glass being loose in the track. if you can rock the glass backwards and forward then you will need to recify that problem or it will happen agai. that is just a matter of tighterning up the bolts that hold the glass onto the window rack.

tim8069, Jan 19, 8:55am
Very true, though in this case you would hear the motor trying to work, or free spinning

quickstitch, Jan 8, 7:08pm
not always, sometimes the cable gets tangled up and siezes the motor.