Looking at buying a mitzibushi

v8sronman, Jan 18, 7:19am
Chariot 98 what do i need to watch out for !Common problems please !

phillip.weston, Jan 18, 7:22am
avoid avoid avoid! GDI engine gives issues with oil burning, inlet manifold blocking up, poor fuel economy, transmission issues etc.

moosie_21, Jan 18, 7:38am
If you can't spell it you're not allowed to buy it.

*Mitsubishi

the_chooky, Jan 18, 7:40am
All recent owner surveys show that Mitsubishi is thetop jap car in looks. reliability. fuel economy.maintainance costs. and resale value.

fiatracer, Jan 18, 7:45am
LOOKS !hahahaha. I get the joke

doug207, Jan 18, 7:56am
Phillip Weston has spoken.

Don't forget the torque converters shuddering and people miss diagnosing g them.
Then the stupid TV in them shagging out.
Horrid vehicles.

phillip.weston, Jan 18, 8:03am
Would you rather a Fiat Multipla! Haha

cocabowla, Jan 18, 8:19am
saw one on the roadside a few days ago for $2k and thought it must be a gdi lemon. lol

bigfatmat1, Jan 18, 8:21am
is that a recent survey on owners of 13 year old mitsis cause thats how old the car is.

1ollie, Jan 18, 8:36am
Stay well clear and away from 96-01 Chariots! Shit shit shit rubbish!
As said above the GDI's burn oil, transmisions fail and then there are the other things that happen at low KMS like: CV's get noisy quick, radiators crack & leak, steering rack ends wear out, steering pumps fail, door handles are weak as wet cardboard and then dont get me started how shit they are to work on!

franc123, Jan 18, 8:39am
Thats the reason WHY you've never had problems, you've ditched them before they get too old, its hard to believe that a trade in value for a L200/Triton would be greater than an equivalent year/km's/condition Hilux.Although the gap might have narrowed on 2005+ models.The only reason you would buy most Mitsi's brand new generally speaking is for the long warranties and often significant discounting that they have to do to shift them, there has always been little reason to purchase one over the opposition on the overall standard of the product.The complete failure of the 380 a couple of years back was a typical example.

pauloc, Jan 18, 8:44am
How much rego does it have and how much fuel is in it, there is the value

v8sronman, Jan 19, 2:15am
Yes well i would be have it insured and under warranty for two years and mechanical warranty.

franc123, Jan 19, 7:50am
Sorry I don't need to, OVERALL standard of the product means many things, not just how many electrics its got and how many dead animals were needed to make the seats.I am not disagreeing with you re the quality of late model Hiluxes either, more the fact that Mitsubishi vehicles have not been favoured by commercial buyers in preference to other brands.You are happy with a Mitsubishi, good for you.

tim8069, Jan 19, 8:05am
Agreed to above. Plus the new hilux really isn't that bad once yo get the injectors replaced under a goodwill claim, or warranty if it's still in. Have known a new triton to blow an automatic trans, burn a lot of oil, known of various L300 petrols to need rings before 40,000km, diesels to crack heads well before 100,000km. You get what you pay for. All new diesels out of japan are having injector trouble, they just need to iron out the wrinkles. Another thing that goes on chariots/grandis re the Fly By Wire throttle body, done MANY almost all of them in my town. And balljoints & bushes in the front suspension around 100-120,000km

jasongroves, Jan 19, 8:18am
Ummmm.I was under the impression that you already owned a 1998 Mitsubishi Chariot and had for quite a while, considering there are threads going back to October regarding it!

mk3zephyr, Jan 19, 9:34pm
"I would rather push my toyota than drive your Mitsubishi " lol

woki, Jan 9, 1:07am
Some people just cant help themselves ! Owning a Mitsi is a form of self harming !