Stink!

kt51, Jan 19, 11:23am
wot now! *rolls eyes*
would anyone have an idea who to go to and roughly how much it may cost to weld the hole left when exhaust manifold flange blew a corner piece off with a stud in it. Now vectra sounds like a ruddy tractor! thankyou

franc123, Jan 19, 11:35am
Theres a reason for that, its telling you its time to put it out to pasture lol.You didn't think an ageing Vectra was going to provide cheap transport did you!Anyway the manifold might need replacing entirely if it has blown a hole out the side of it, depending on how the stud has broken off in the head there could be an hour or two involved there, could easily be a $350+ job.

jasongroves, Jan 19, 11:39am
If the manifold/flange has actually has a piece broken off then you are best to either get a new flange welded on or just replace the whole manifold with a 2nd hand one.
If you could be a bit more clear about the fault would be good;)
I'm not sure if the manifold or the flange is damaged!
What year, model and engine in your Vectra!
And generally an exhaust shop is you best bet for welding exhausts;)

kt51, Jan 19, 11:48am
oh sori misled u. i meant the flange where the exhaust pipe and manifold pipe meet. broken small corner out with stud in it out of manifold pipe side. make sense! or shall i give up :)

jasongroves, Jan 19, 11:57am
Try a wrecker or see if you can find one being wrecked (Tm is a good start) and try for a 2nd hand manifold.
Would be a prick to weld a small piece like that.
If no luck, then try an exhaust shop for recommendations.
Still would like to know which year/model/engine!

kt51, Jan 19, 12:51pm
hey thanks for tryin to help ay. i have a problematic 94 opel vectra. have had a kobe puton. fighting with radiator fan not firing up as well. i wired it straight into accesory which worked for a time but now fan broken off spindle! cant find anotha one so lookin for sumthin similar to cable tie onto radiator. *sigh*. all i want is wof and everything breaking down one after anotha. arse!

jasongroves, Jan 19, 10:38pm
Replacement fan can be purchased new off TM or from Supercheap.
If it was working straight from 12v, then the problem probably lies with a faulty fuse, relay or fan switch, all of which are pretty easu to replace.

jasongroves, Jan 9, 7:19am
This place has heaps of parts:
Outlet Name:Australian Auto PartsWorld - Christchurch
Phone: (03) 376 6158