Value for money under $5k AND ono. How much less

charlies4, Nov 25, 3:12am
is acceptable to start negotiating! haha.

Hiyas. I'm looking for a manual 4 door under $5k. Any recommendations. I've been taking them to mechanic but any particular ones I should steer clear of! Of course mechanic says Toyota or Nissan but they get snapped up. And secondly I don't want to pay too much so when ono is stated how near is near! Thanks

mokaubach, Nov 25, 3:16am
Interested in a tidy for age 94 Skyline, last elderly owner over 14 years, still goes 100%!.

ginga4lyfe, Nov 25, 3:22am
I may be if you are looking for a 93 toyota Caldina, auto though

mopeds, Nov 25, 3:25am
If you're not worried about fuel economy go for a Nissan Maxima

mokaubach, Nov 25, 3:26am
No sorry, my Dad has upgraded to a newer car and it is for outright sale, will list it in a few days

franko171, Nov 25, 7:54am
i have a 1993 maxima goes well dont find ecomomy a problim

alan1111, Nov 25, 7:58am
Taupo and back to Pukekohe in my 99 3.0litre Maxima for $55.00 love it they are very economical.

michael.benn, Nov 25, 8:51am
You can get a lot of car for $5,000. Four doors. hmm. Could look at a few four door BMWs. 325/328i.

Too lazy to trawl auctions tonight, but yeah. Keep that in mind ; $5000 can net you a lot of car.

Oh and of course you're gonna get mechanics telling you to get corolla/pulsar etc, it's about through-put to a lot of them and easiness to work on.

scoobeey, Nov 25, 9:50am
DONT buy an old beamer!

michael.benn, Nov 25, 11:54am
. why not!

r15, Nov 25, 6:57pm
Don't buy anything that was once in the higher price end of its class, you will pay more for things usually and a lot of features to break. And likely will break if its euro

michael.benn, Nov 25, 9:48pm
. really! haha. Ah, the classic generalization. My best friend has had nothing but smooth sailing with his 95 328i. They're well built cars.

mone, Nov 25, 9:51pm
In today's subdued economy, you can get a pretty good maybe even fairly late model car for $5K.

vtecintegra, Nov 25, 10:42pm
They're almost impossible to find in manual though

willz29, Nov 26, 12:43am
+1 an excellent example

bmwnz, Nov 26, 1:13am
That a very nice car. I don't like the colour, but that's just a taste thing. Its getting a bit long in the tooth, though. Will probably sell to some hoon who will thrash it to death. Pity.

charlies4, Nov 26, 9:02am
Thanks all. There's quite a few manuals out there, Main problem with the ones I've shown to mechanic is rust starting underneath and missed out on 1 he said was ideal cos mucked around looking at others and not knowing how much 'ono' below asking price to negotiYou're right about being told Toyota or Nissan way to go cos of ease of parts to get and easier to get hold of, I'll find something.

michael.benn, Nov 26, 10:17am
I'm with you, I'd prefer an Alpine white one or a yellow one.

I would thrash it - who wouldn't ! It's about looking after it AND thrashing it :P

charlies4, Dec 1, 10:45am
H all. Ok. Narrowed down to Toyota Corolla or Nissan Pulsar. Thoughts!

kazbanz, Apr 22, 9:41pm
Pulsar means also Lucino,sunny,old shape wingroad -all mechanically the same vehicle so all are safe.
Corolla also might mean sprinter and a few other obscure names as jap imports -Ie theres a Lime and a sprinter and a couple of other names