Phil Weston, Kazbanz etc

fiatracer, Jan 12, 9:58pm
is it an HFie!

fiatracer, Jan 12, 10:00pm
another thought - from your description it's probably too nice to sacrifice - but Delta bits can be useful for coverting Integrales [which were all built LHD].Great cars, my brother bought an HFie near new in 1990 and we did quite a few clubsport events in it, then he got an Integrale :-)

vtecintegra, Jan 12, 10:05pm
I don't think you want to draw comparisons with run of the mill Jappas - bet you could do better by emphasizing the uniqueness of the car and its semi-classic status.

phillip.weston, Jan 12, 10:27pm
I know that car! It recently had a respray.

fiatracer, Jan 12, 10:31pm
I know what I'm talking about.

The non turbo was the Delta GTie. The HF turbo was a 130hp carb turbo. The HFie was a 140hp injected turbo with engine turned around. The HFie 4wd was 165hp pre- Integrale, then came the various 'grales

phillip.weston, Jan 12, 10:32pm
actually, I take that back - apon double checking the one I know of down there has different number plates. As you were!

ps, the one I know of sold for about $1000.

fiatracer, Jan 12, 10:36pm
just Skyped pic to my brother - 99% sure that's his old Delta - owned c. 1990-94

fiatracer, Jan 12, 10:39pm
he said: "[11:38:56 a.m.]good to see it's still going and being looked after. it had a hard life for a few years, bay park, taupo, manfeild"

namespace, Jan 12, 11:35pm
Nice looking Lancia there MT, she looks straight as, the bumber and everything sits perfectly, I'd imagine it would be worth more than $3K.

phillip.weston, Jan 13, 12:12am
Problem is it only appeals to a select few, like I guess my '76 Volvo 244GL. Most people in the market for an 80s hot hatch will turn to Familias/323s, Lasers, Corolla FX-GTs, Mirages etc of which they would be considerably cheaper to purchase, relatively easy to go faster, wouldn't rust so bad, parts availability would be much better, and some perhaps would handle as well if not better.

namespace, Jan 13, 12:14am
The Delta HF has a good power/weight ratio of 140hp/ton, similar to an early Legacy RS which is 155hp/ton, but the Lancia doesn't have the power loss from AWD, so performance should be similar.

vag.central, Jan 14, 7:37am
Did it come from hawkes bay!

pge, Jan 14, 11:43pm
When the silver-on-black numberplates first came out in 1962, AA1 went to a taxi in Invers, and the alphabet roughly progressed up the country. AP4113 was my Herald coupe, AR1402 was my father's EH Holden, both in Chch.
B's and C's appeared in the central areas, and D's came through in the late 60's, early 70's. GK was in Aks January 73, a lot of the MOT cars had GL, obviously Wellington.

boardrider, Jan 19, 12:09am
MT, you certainly give it ar*e! I was in my Corrado heading home and I just gone through QEII roundabout and you were tail gating me. I was going to give you the bird but you turned off into QE2.

doug207, Jan 19, 2:04am
Nice HFie! Have always wanted one of them. I'll give ya a Hilux for it!

Well, no, I probably wouldn't.

boardrider, Jan 19, 2:51am
Lol, don't get to ahead of yourself I was only driving like a nanny that day.

As for the charcoal look , it's the dust caked on. Need a wash at some stage.

I'm actually looking to sell in the near future, looking at getting into VW Bora 4 Motion.

bigmacca, Jan 5, 6:07pm
spoke to a mate who is a lancia nut ,he has 1 8v integrale ,1 16v integrale and 1 each of the carb and ie turbo deltas.he reckons $2500 max.ive also had a gtie and only paid $500 for that.was mint too.they have a bad rep mainly for rust in tailgate,and round the front windscreen.but are bloody awsum to drive.especially the integrales.