I Hate Farmers utes.

Page 1 / 2
jkm, Nov 26, 4:18am
Invariably they pull out from a driveway or side road and then proceed to drive at 75-80kph. This is in a 100kph area, they should either wait for you to travel past or accelerate up to the speed of the traffic flow. Vent over.

whqqsh, Nov 26, 4:21am
try living in South Auckland, not even in utes or even farmers for that matter, pull out right in front of you or run a red light so late you get T-boned then if you toot at them they do anything from toot back & give you the finger through to a full on road rage episode when they were in the wrong in the first place. if you dont toot then you have to follow them at around 40kph until they finally put their foot down to run the next red light.

rob_man, Nov 26, 4:35am
It's always been that way, I think they live life at a different pace to the rest of us. When they see you approaching they assume you'reonly doing 60/70 kmh like they do and you won't get there for a couple of minutes yet. NEK MINNIT.

gunhand, Nov 26, 5:33am
AWWW Rob, I thought you would have been above the other sheep with silly sayings!Will forgive you just this once LOL.

rob_man, Nov 26, 5:39am
Had to use it just the once.

gunhand, Nov 26, 5:42am
Just to see how it felt!Pointless I hope.
And to add to the toppic bloody farmers roaring ( I asume in control) down the road on there quads with no helmet but looking down to shelter themsleves from the elements.

rob_man, Nov 26, 5:47am
It felt disturbingly OK to tell the truth. I always try to stay on the grass verge when I'm riding my quad up and down the road with my hat down over my eyes and headphones on with Pearl Jam going full noise.

jason18, Nov 26, 6:02am
I just want to use the saying once.NEK MINNIT

hyphen, Nov 27, 6:30am
yeah, I pull out of rural roads onto the main road and proceed at 70 - 80 km/hr quite often, and expect the drivers in the line of traffic approaching to know how use their brakes, oh, and driving defensively doesn't hurt either. By the way, 100 km/hr is the MAX speed, you know, and doing a slightly slower speed is alright, your balls won't fall off. And if you get slightly annoyed by it all you are probably having personal issues with your wife/partner/gay lover/dog/cat/kids or the Indian guy at the dairy and it's got nothing to do with the rural guy in the ute really, aye!

trouser, Nov 27, 6:36am
Cool story bro.

rob_man, Nov 27, 6:42am
Absolutely no conception of the feeling of frustration you get when everything's going along nicely then suddenly it's not.
All because some pervert gets a stiffie from getting in your way.

studio1, Nov 27, 9:20pm
I have noticed the same thing. What the hell is up with flat-deck utes! Why is it that on the open road they can only manage 75 - 80 km/h!
Do they have speed limiters in them or what!
Surely they are capable of 100!
This is not just a few that I have been following, it's all of them, without fail.

skin1235, Nov 27, 9:54pm
cos when you have a ute you live life at a different pace!. plus although many can do 100km/hr not many are very comfortable at that, especially when the wheels are full of mud etc or you have 1.5 tonne on their back

again, the 100 km/hr is not a target

elect70, Nov 27, 11:56pm
Its so the sheep dont fall out of the back

rob_man, Nov 28, 12:07am
I have come across a ute driving along the road with four horses tied to the tailgate and trotting along behind.

skin1235, Nov 28, 12:18am
consider the guy driving it. he's just left home - not in any great rush to get to the other end where more physical work awaits, or he's finished his days work finally, - and not in any great rush to get home to the wife and kids

paraphrased - he's not in the same rush as the other drivers on the road

studio1, Nov 28, 12:50am
Ha ha! LOL.yeah I know 100 is not a target but when the rest of the line of traffic is doing (usually over 100) it's always the farm ute that is doing 80 and holding everyone up.
Sure, if they had some crap on the back that required a slow speed I'd understand it, but the majority I see have empty trays.
I'm not having a go at them, I'm quite happy driving at 90 myself - simply stating an observation.

rob_man, Nov 28, 1:53am
And if at 90 you get behind a car doing 86 there is suddenly disharmony, you find yourself constantly touching the brake and having to change throttle position a lot more, nearly running up the guy's arse if you're not careful etc. If that car's behind you on the other hand. Harmony can be restored.
Grasshopper.

skiff1, Nov 28, 11:13am
geez it is really terrible when you have to actually drive aye!you spend ten hous on a tractor at 8kph and see how fast you drive on the road!

icemans1, Nov 28, 12:37pm
try getting on a motorway at 60kph

inkapuka, Nov 28, 3:58pm
And yes most tractors have a 40kph box they can't go any faster

steelman3, Nov 28, 6:05pm
farmers utes and tractors are paying for everything in this country.

swannie3, Nov 28, 6:23pm
Thanks steelman3, and if any of you ever see me pull out of my driveway in my ute, and only do 60-70kmph, .it's because it's a country road with lots of potholes, and sharp corners!Not even going to talk about getting in rush hour traffic the other day in aucks, and all the people who wanted to kiss my a$$ with their cars.They must have thought I was cool.

bossey101, Nov 28, 10:33pm
My pet hate is those people that decide to trash our roads with rubbish. I live in the country and oh bugger me I drive a ute. yet I'm constantly picking up rubbish from being throwin out of the windows of passing cars zooming past, also walking my son to school with zooming cars going past and speed round bloody corners with no respect for other users. So it swings in round abouts really doesn't it. You hate farmers.I hate disregard for our country roads.

rob_man, Nov 28, 10:36pm
I don't think anybody hates farmers, just getting stuck behind slow vehicles.