A Crime Against the Sensibilities

moviebuff1, Jan 21, 9:16am
This is my first time in this particular catagory, because I neither drive nor have a car.However something urged me to take the plunge. After all I do have my particular favorite make of car, that being the Mercedes-Benz.Not the mutants they make nowadays, but the classic sedan with the symbol sticking up above the front grille.A pure, unadulterated, absolute work of art!If I had the money and could drive THAT would be my choice of wheels.

SO, imagine my outrage at reading yesterday's "Bay of Plenty Times" front page story.It was about a mother being done in court for letting her teenage son WRECK the family Mercedes.Talk about a crime against the sensibilities.I'd bearly recovered from the horror story a couple of years old now, about some Auckland businessman killing a Mercedes Benz.Reading this latest outrage I thought how lucky this duo were that I wasn't the presiding judge.Because as a die hard Mercedes lover I would've sentenced them separately for such outrage against the greatest vehical ever made, and then got stuck in for the actual traffic offence.

Those priviledged enough to own one should appreciate their good fortune and take extra special care.And yeah I am slightly whacko where the Mercedes is concerned, but so what!

andrea_w, Jan 21, 9:31am
That makes you mad huh! You should see what kids are doing to the older Mercs up here.
Air bag suspension making the car sit so low it scrapes the ground, bad paint jobs, huge chrome wheels and stickers all over the car.
Sleep well tonight :p

zephyrheaven, Jan 21, 9:34am
A guy asked me to put an RB25DET into his shitheap 190E some years ago, I basically ordered him off the premises - the Merc equivalent of a Mk1V cortina after all

vtecintegra, Jan 21, 9:38am
To be fair to the OP, when i think of 'classic Mercedes' I think of the pre-190E models

Much more rare to see one of these bagged and otherwise ruined

sw20, Jan 21, 9:40am
So I shouldn't get you to put a EJ20T in the Clio!

moosie_21, Jan 17, 1:12pm
LMAO, this country is so a decade behind. Just wait until they start putting 30' rims on Impala's! That will be an assault on the senses!

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=ImZqL_v17_g