External wastegate.

andrea_w, Jan 22, 4:11am
Cheap chinese wastegate!

jsbike, Jan 22, 4:18am
so at idle, the wastegate is venting exhaust gasses out!

andrea_w, Jan 22, 4:18am
Make sure the valve is seated correctly. !

andrea_w, Jan 22, 4:22am
The valve inside the gate that opens to vent exhaust gasses, make sure thats seated properly in the housing. If its not sitting correctly then it will leak!

mechnificent, Jan 22, 4:27am
If exhaust is coming out at idle it won't be seating.

mechnificent, Jan 22, 4:33am
Snap it shut and if it sounds dull, not a clack, then it could have dirt under it or it is sticky. apart from that it could be burnt, rusted, warped, or the linkage might be out of adjustment.

If you are really keen you could try blowing through it.

andrea_w, Jan 22, 4:36am
Yes, but we already know it will do that as its doing the same thing with your exhaust gasses!

andrea_w, Jan 22, 4:44am
No worries! Hopefully its something simple like dirt/crap as mechnificent suggested

falcon15, Jan 22, 5:46am
there is a steel ring that goes between the wastegate and the flange on the manifold did you put that in. That is what the valve inside the wastegate seats on to prevent it leaking like it is

gedo1, Jan 22, 5:50am
So.you have the waste gate venting straight to atmosphere!Is it a race car!Not a road car surely!

jsbike, Jan 22, 7:02am
able get a pic!

jsbike, Jan 22, 7:09am
yeah, pic of the inlet side of the wastegate. I only got mine all fitted (like a few hours ago), mine had like a spring loaded ring that seated hard against the flange on the manifold, the valve then seated on the other side of the ring

jsbike, Jan 22, 9:24am

jsbike, Jan 20, 10:42am
thta looks good all smoothed out, I was thinking to to wrap mine in exhaust wrap, or of making another metal cover over everything like they have from factory, but make it from stainless steel