How many times have you.

pollymay, Jan 22, 10:34am
Done a whole lot of work on your car only to be thwarted by something ridiculously small!

I just rebuilt my V6 mr2 motor after I blew the old one on the way home from work doing some "spirited driving". Got all my clearances in spec and did some mods while I was at it. Put it back together and in the car. Wouldn't start. Fast forward a few weeks of on off working on it replacing parts and checking every sensor for spec and it turns out the ecu injector earths were "earthed" to the cam cover that I had added extra measures to make it leak free. Was now not actually earthed, ran one wire and it purrs like an asthmatic rage induced kitten.

I'll point out I've put this motor in and out of the car about 4 times already and have done heaps of conversions. It had me so stumped, no codes, power to injectors, strong crank angle pickup on the scope and I brainfart something simple like an earth.

friendly_prawn, Jan 22, 10:47am
yep, had the same problem meany years ago.

built a v8. no matter what I did pos just wouldnt go anywhere.

tried everyfing. had the motor in and out 6 times.

start it up, put it in drive. nope wouldnt move.

dam pos.

had a friend come over and said, why dont you put the wheels on.

bugger me, put the wheels on and away she went.

some times its the stupid little things that get yah eh!

solarboy, Jan 22, 11:13am
Just banging my head on the nearest solid surface here 'cos it'll feel good when I stop .

pollymay, Jan 22, 11:19am
friendly prawn makes me look pretty damn sophistramacated.

friendly_prawn, Jan 22, 11:20am
roflmao

It's ok, I'v had a few. might be on holiday again tomorrow. lol

richynuts, Jan 22, 11:37am
LMFAO!

sw20, Jan 22, 2:51pm
Should have built a 3sgte instead of trying your luck with the Camry motor

mugenb20b, Jan 22, 8:30pm
What kind of engine exactly!

pollymay, Jan 21, 2:04pm
3vz, ported and polished, built a full header system for it. Straight pipes out the back. When I get round to it I'm going to build an intake and maybe meagsquirt it like my mk1.5. I like tinkering.