R33 vvti

1lowcef, Nov 28, 12:04am
once the revs in my series 2 r33 get above 3000 it looses power is this because there is something wrong with vvti.

cypherboy, Nov 28, 5:02am
Ill take a stab, does it keep revving past 3k rpm or stop! Sounds to me like maybe a airflow meter fault and its switched into limp mode. Have you got a unsecured pod filter bouncing around in the engine bay!

moosie_21, Nov 28, 5:17am
For the record, it's N-VCT, VVT-i is Toyota.

andrea_w, Nov 28, 5:37am
AFM, coil packs, spark plugs, water temp sensor, boost leak
It could be one of the above but you need to describe your problem in much more detail. Is it missing after 3000rpm! Does it cut out! Under what acceleration! etc

moosie_21, Nov 28, 8:50am
Wouldn't N-CVT kick in higher than 3000rpm, going by when Vtec and VVT-i do!

bubbles244, Nov 28, 8:55am
misconception comparing a honda to a nissan, its a constant variable.

and it advances the timing only by rotating the intake cam on a RB engine forward. doesn't increase duration or lift of the valve.

And no it isnt the problem, you can disable the NVCT on a nissan engine and it will still perform ok.

sounds to me like crook ignitors which is the trigger for the coils to release there energy to the spark plug.

if it turbo charged it will also become hesitant when there is not enough fuel when going on boost. which would occour around the same rpm.

on the series 2 that would be a ECU fault as the Series ones had a separate ignitor on the top of the engine.

andrea_w, Nov 28, 9:18am
Wrong, the ignitor is inbuilt into each coil pack.

thegravelracer, Nov 28, 10:07am
series 1 rb engines have a igniter box [striker] on the coil cover actually.Only the series 2 have the inbuilt igniters

thegravelracer, Nov 28, 10:08am
i saying that it's TMK from working on them

andrea_w, Nov 28, 10:15am
You're absolutely correct. I do know that and that's what I meant, I completely failed to elaborate though

jsbike, Nov 28, 7:26pm
air flow meter.

1lowcef, Nov 28, 8:46pm
it doesnt miss just seems to hesitate like theres not enuf fuel or air its a non turbo think i might try the air flow meter

1lowcef, Apr 15, 2:17am
it still keeps reving just looses alot of power yes i do have a pod filter any ideas how to get it out of limp mode or do i need to try another air flow meter thanks alot for your help