Advertising on TMMB

planespotterhvn, Jan 22, 4:44am
Having just been pinged by TradeMe web masters for ADVERTISING being against the rules it appears that you cannot promote any brands. products or services that can make money. Seems you can denegrate products but not promote them. Even the mentioning of a shop brand where a product or service could be obtained would be against the rules and complaint could be made against you.
So all you people mentioning brands or shops are skating on the edge of the rules.
Not even a trademe sale item cannot be linked to.
Don't blame me I didn't make the rules!
As for busy body tell tales.shame on you!

planespotterhvn, Jan 22, 4:45am
Even if they are not my company I cannot mention their name and say that they are good.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 4:51am
Just as well Volkwagon, Fiot, and Auudi are not brands products or services then.

mechnificent, Jan 22, 4:54am
Nothing that anyone could make money off anyway!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 4:56am
That's always the catch 22 with supreme reliability!

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 5:00am
Seriously though, this has gotten out of hand. Its pathetic when to give and receive good well though out sensible advice (which is generally the point of messageboards) puts you outside the message board rules.

This business of making the general citizen the enemy and always "outside the rules" stinks and I am sick of seeing it thrive in our society.

mechnificent, Jan 22, 5:01am
Ha. ok, fair enough then. I'll leave it there because you have a sense of humour.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 5:10am
Touche, the wittiness of your first quip made me laugh as well. BTW I am under no disillusion, all manufacturers seem to have their good and bad.
I love my Multipla which has powered on through much abuse, but I am in no hurry to get a Fiat with selespeed or and Audi 80.

rob_man, Jan 22, 5:12am
So if someone asks "which would be the best car for my needs!" We can't tell them Toyota or Mazda model XXXX would suit!
What a bunch of cocks they are.

carkitter, Jan 22, 5:21am
This virtual real estate is owned by Faifax, it's not public property so fair enough I guess.

thejazzpianoma, Jan 22, 5:28am
Fair point, it is a company owned trading website. However the premise still stands, its yet another awful trend rotting away at society on public, commercial and private fronts.

Just like being way over the top PC.

Censorship should always be something that is rooted out and not allowed to sneak its way into free society. We must guard ourselves from being the "Crayfish in the pot" not realising we are slowly being cooked until its too late.

planespotterhvn, Jan 22, 10:52pm
Thanks for the support.I thought the MB's must have been full of advertising police

mechnificent, Jan 21, 6:58pm
I think that in here you will find that if anyone has a beef with you they will front up and have it out face to face. I hear that in some of the forums people mob vote threads off and squeal to the moderaters etc, but that doesn't seem to be the way it happens in here. witness the slanging matches and the obsenities sometimes. and no one mentions it and no one gets the mail from TM telling them off. which does happen in other forums apparently for much milder language and behaviour.