05 commie

skippy33, Nov 28, 9:06am
hi,looking to get wife a new car,shes currently driving a 95 oddessy,its started using a bit of oil,looking at this,whats your thoughts,im a holden man so would like to get her a nice commie,please no holden haters,just honest opinions please

lisah8, Nov 28, 9:35pm
Listing has expired.

But as for the Holden.do it!I always think people who drive Oddessys have lost the will to live.

bigjerry, Nov 28, 10:35pm
Im a holden man too. Can i say, in my opinion, stay away from the VT, partcularly series 1 and 2. The build quality is crap. The handling is ok but it feels a little light. However, put one on its roof at 100k and you stand a high chance of walking away un-injured. So thats a good thing.

mugenb20b, Nov 28, 11:39pm
I think people who drive Commodores are suffering from mid life crisis. Gotta a have a big car with a big engine.never mind the practicality.

blackdotlova, Nov 29, 12:32am
I think people that comment about people driving large cars such as commodores have some sort of disorder and and only wish they could too, And live there life's thinking I'm taking one for the team saving the world on the train

lisah8, Nov 29, 12:44am
I'm not middle aged.As for practicality, we have five V8s.big cars with big engines and they are extremely practical as they make us a very good living.

kiwicon, Nov 29, 1:12am
I have a V8 commy, awaiting for my mid life crisis to arrive so i can spend more on it

mugenb20b, Nov 29, 4:29am
I'm 30, and love our Odyssey, it doesn't make me or cost me any money. Of the 26 cars I've owned, it's been one of the most practical vehicles I've had, it's economical, drives nicely and has enough power IMO. Nothing wrong with big cars and big engines, just not my thing. At least you are making a living with your ones, getting paid to enjoy driving them.

wasser61, Nov 29, 6:06am
I am about to pick up my V8, my mid-life crisis has started.

lisah8, Nov 29, 6:37am
I didn't mean to offendwith my Odyssey comment, I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Men who drive Odyssey's have lost the will to live" and it has always stuck in my head.

magicmat, Nov 29, 7:02am
Ha ha funny comments about mid life crisis. That is exactly what I said/thought as I purchased a 5.7litre V8 commie a few months back. All I can say is it is a thirsty bugger if you cant control the right foot, and lets face it if you have a decent exhaust you will want to hear that sound, though I dont regret it at all. As cowboy110 (I think thats username) said, you are a long time dead, and that sentiment has stuck with me.
I adore my V8, its smelly, noisy and thirsty. but brings a big smile to my mug every time I plant my foot!

lisah8, Nov 29, 7:17am
You're right.life is short, you blink and a decade has gone by - may as well do the things that put a smile on your face while you're still able to smile.

mugenb20b, Nov 29, 7:28am
No offence at all, I just thought that Odyssey isn't the most boring car in the world.maybe a 1988 Nissan Bluebird or something.

lisah8, Nov 29, 7:46am
You are right there!

hotrodtodd1, Nov 29, 11:08pm
Oh dear, I have been having a mid life crisis since I was about 17 years old then.

And then when I thought it time to get a Euro, I came home with another 8 cylinders of VW.

Is a 35 year mid life crisis a record!

paulap, Nov 30, 4:48am
My 05 commodore is falling apart. Used to love it. Now I don't.

magicmat, Apr 25, 1:44pm
Further to this thread; I had my fuel pump fail on my car which meant it had to be towed to the Holden dealer (thank god for auto insurance!). I have been loaned a 98 SS commie with the 5 litre engine and I have to say what a slow rattly POS it is. Really surprised just how gutless the 5litre is compared to the Gen3. Cant wait to get my car back today!

And just for informations sake - to replace a fuel pump and filter (insurance wont pay for filter so thats $80 out of my pocket), the bill is nearly $800 from Ebbett Holden! Seems steep but glad I am not paying for it!