Lets talk chevy gearboxes.

bigjerry, Jan 23, 7:15am
Good advice so far from a few of you clever buggers, cheers. I have found a considerably good deal on a T5, circa 86-88 Comaro. My bellhousing, P/N 3858403, is for a 1970-73 4 speed. Any chance the bolt pattern matches! I have googled both numbers (box and housing), but you know how it goes, all opinions welcome.

kiwigal, Jan 23, 7:16am
Why not try the two!

bigjerry, Jan 23, 7:22am
On an amusing note, i have found a LS1/LS3/LT1 forum, they claim to be one of the fastest growing LS1/LS3 /LT1 boards since their start in August 2005. Crikey, multiple LS1/LS3 /LT1 forums.

bigjerry, Jan 23, 7:30am
I should say, it would cost me $1800 and a bit of freight to try it out. good suggestion though, If they were in the same place, and i had somehow overlooked the option of putting the 2 together right there to see if they fit, you would have been right on the money.

bigjerry, Jan 23, 7:37am
Ok. cheers hotrodpete, i knew you would have an idea. I have an eye on the one i posted the other night but this came up aswell, 348734304 , and it seems like a bit of deal.

bigjerry, Jan 23, 7:54am
cool. cant rush these things. But soon the whole project will halt when its time for the power plant.

rob_man, Jan 24, 5:01pm
I once ran a T10 behind a 327 back in the days when stuff was hard to get, used a Lakewood steel scattershied for a bellhousing and adapted it.
Not worth the trouble in the end.