NZ laws regarding Go peds!

debulebule, Nov 29, 3:15am
Forgive me, I have googled but seem to be blind. Whats the laws in regards to go peds! Yes, the little stand up ones. I know anything under 50cc is only required to be licensed. But does it have to have indicators/lights etc! And if so, does that rule out go peds from being licensed, and therefore illegal to use on the road!

Cheers Trade-pedia.

sheepey, Apr 15, 2:57pm
I remember watching fair go who were fighting a case with regards to scooters like this.The short answer is it depends whose using it.
If it's a kid under 15 (maybe 16 now) then they are classified as a toy, if someone older it can be taken as a motor vehicle and will have to meet all current criteria. The fair go article applied to a young guy who had lost his licence, his father had bought him a electric scooter to provide transport to his part time job, the guy had been picked up by the police and the scooter towed (lol) and him prosecuted for operating a motor vehicle while disqualified. Fair go went on to test his scooter with a mobility scooter and something else, his type was the slowest!