WOF - timeframes!

mrsscubasteve, Nov 29, 6:06am
My WOF is due 29 December. if I took it in for such now would it still expire 6 months from the 29th or would it be 6 months from the date of the new WOF!

. I only ask as I am unsure it will pass and need sometime to do the work myself/watch bf do it while I fetch him beer. - it may pass first go but not 100% and don't want to waste time on it if I don't have to.

jay.da, Nov 29, 6:08am
It would go from when the old one expires so in your case 6 months from the 29th

alan1111, Nov 29, 6:21am
No it wont Jay.da you would get 14 days from now so will expire 13/6/12

franc123, Nov 29, 6:24am
Wrong, it can only be post dated a maximum of 14 days from the pass date, in this case if you took it in tomorrow and it passed the new expiry date would be June 14.It would not be post dated a full month as stated above.

jay.da, Nov 29, 6:25am
oh I thought you can get it up to 1 month early oh well!

pauldw, Nov 29, 6:34am
You would get 6 months +14 days from date of new WOF. For some reason they can stretch COF up to 28 days.

mrsscubasteve, Nov 29, 6:37am
Thanks guys. looks like maybe I should wait a week. Cheers.

darryl, Nov 29, 6:52am
Oh good grief .

antwerp87, Nov 29, 6:57am
If your warrant expires over 14 days before your warrant you wont get that extra time. It will always be 6 months 14 days MAX. Or if its a new vehicle it will be 1 year 14 days.

m16d, Nov 29, 7:17am
What is a WOF.!

mrsscubasteve, Nov 29, 7:28am
Hey Romulan7 thanks!

Looks like I will take it in early anyway. 14 days before the 29th does not give very much time if it fails to rebook before xmas/new years. I managed last year but don't want to leave it so close to expiry.

kazbanz, Nov 29, 7:36am
OP think about this--You are unsure if your car is currently up to WOF standard. Now regardless of a tiny bit of paper on your windscreen should you have an accident caused by whatever it is you aren't sure about you may be refused cover.
Basicly it is YOUR responsibility to ensure your vehicle is up to WOF standard at all times.
On that basis if you're unsure I'd get it done ASAP

franc123, Nov 29, 10:08am
Pfft why would you bother asking over there, they know even less than Parenting lol.One dozy cow in that thread clearly didn't even know that WOF expiry dates are computer generated by NZTA via WOFonline lol again.

poppajn, Apr 17, 8:13am
3 legged dog.