Vtnz

fordrulez, Nov 30, 10:53am
Was at vinz today taking a mates vans threw for a wof they past the two front tyres (witch i have now replace) with new ones. Both out edges were worn about 2cm wide right the way round. When i asked the wof why he past them he told me he couldnt fail the tyres in case i complain about his method.Was not my choice to take the van there was told by owner to take it there.

andrea_w, Nov 30, 11:34am
.I'm confused.

n1smo_gtir, Nov 30, 11:36am
aye, so he passed it cos he was worried about a complaint on his method rather than putting safety first. i though they have protocols they must follow to determine pass or fail. what vinz station is this!

fordrulez, Nov 30, 11:37am
The wof guy pretty much said he couldn't fail the tyres as it would be to much hasel.

fordrulez, Nov 30, 11:43am
Timaru. i laid a complaint and also found out they are under investgation for dodgey wofs. Its not the 1st time ive had problem with them but i thort this was clearly over the line. As he could see there were 3 car seat in the back.

curlcrown, Nov 30, 12:31pm
Worn edges are not always a wof fail.

fordrulez, Nov 30, 12:43pm
they were not far from going to threw to the steel belts

sandypheet, Nov 30, 5:14pm
Tyres are measured in the principle grooves where the wear blocks indicators are.Worn edges are not a fail unless of course they are worn through.LTNZ know best.

intrade, Nov 30, 5:40pm
i hope you done a wheel alignement or the new tyre soon will look the same again

the-lada-dude, Nov 30, 6:40pm
is ther a neu form of englih ritten langwage . ifn thare is its friggn almost imposble tw reed wat som of use peple ar on abowt.

beblowin, Nov 30, 6:40pm
cant fail a tyre for worn edges unless there worn through, your reasons for posting dont sound logic sounds like the guy at vtnz didnt want to argue with you and flanked you off, so he should they get anough rubbish from people who think they know it all, stick to you own daytime job.

smac, Nov 30, 6:52pm
SO hold on, you took a vehicle to VTNZ, who passed the tyres because they meet the minimum standard, and then decided to come on a message board and slag them off for it.

Noice.

crzyhrse, Nov 30, 7:15pm
There, I fixed it for ya. Otherwise, well summed up.

kcf, Nov 30, 7:15pm
VTNZ in thread title

VINZ in the first line of the story.

Which one, considering they're two different (opposition) companies.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/virm-in-service-certification/docs/gen-10-tyres-wheel-hubs-v4a3.pdf what to check for if tyres pass. Enjoy.

noswalg, Dec 1, 1:28am
sounds to me like you should be slagging off your "mate" who allowed his tyres to get down to the steel belting, or is he one of those who has the "my car just got a new WOF so it's completely safe for another 6 months mentality"

curlcrown, Dec 1, 4:50am
Incidently its illegall to use a vehicle that is not up to W.O.F. standard even if it has a current one.

crzyhrse, Dec 1, 5:58am
Except for the sole purpose of bringing it into compliance and provided it is safe to do so.

alan1111, Dec 1, 6:15am
Yes you are correct. But if the worn edge has any sign og cracks, holes discoloration i fail them. All we can do is highlight the bald edges in the comment section to cover our backsides.

murph2068594, Dec 2, 9:28am
Hope the vinz bloke ducked when you "threw" the van into the testing bay!.ok enough of the spelling swat team.

The other factor you might want to consider is if your tires aren't up to wof standard and you get hit by someone else, or crash, usually your insurance company will say "Sorry sir but we won't pay your claim as your tires should have been replaced 3 months ago".

owene, Apr 24, 9:44pm
So if you knew it was going to fail, why did you not put new tyres on before submitting it! And now you're complaining! Are you a pom!