K20 i-VTEC

tradingfreak360, Dec 1, 5:14am
Just purchased a CL-7 Accord (this one 425362267 ) and was reading that the K-series engines have some sort of oil pickup problems during hard acceleration or cornering, my question is should I invest in getting a baffled sump or should it be alright with the original as I don't really intend on driving hard.

vtecintegra, Dec 1, 7:32am
Shouldn't be a problem on the street - from what I've read its mainly an issue on the track especially with sticky tyres

moosie_21, Dec 1, 8:19am
K20 engine. Build the sump and thrash it around the track like it's meant to be!

antwerp87, Dec 1, 8:37am
there a great engine. You wont have any issues if your driving it like the average person. You can drive them pretty angry without too much trouble. Seen em do huge k's too. Seen one as a work horse in dairy farms do 540k so far and still going

trouser, Dec 1, 9:12am
Might be a problem in a euro-r but notso much in a middle management accord.

tradingfreak360, Dec 1, 8:31pm
Ok I should be sweet then I think the only hard cornering and acceleration will be when I go over the Kaimais once or twice a month. Which K20 engine is in the Cl-7 i.e K20A3, K20A4 etc! I haven't actually picked the car up yet from the dealer as its still getting a LVV cert for the adjustable suspension, how long does it usually take to get the certificate, apparently it has come from Wellington!

richardmayes, Dec 2, 12:02am
I gave my previous bosses' K24 Euro plenty of full-throttle acceleration and tipped it into a few corners pretty hard. never noticed any oil pickup problems!

(Ask forum user 'Scotty20001' when he comes back from his ban, he can tell you all about how good these cars are.)

vtecintegra, Dec 2, 12:03am
Japanese engines are all just stamped K20a regardless of which version they are

This is your model: http://specs.amayama.com/specs-honda-accord-2002-october/11462/ . Still a nice car, but the versions with the 2.4 (or high output 2l) are better again.

tradingfreak360, Dec 2, 12:17am
Yea I originally was keen on a K20 Euro-R but the mrs can't drive manuals very well so had to settle on a K20 or K24 auto.

tradingfreak360, Apr 23, 3:11am
Scotty20001 would say something like the mighty 3.8 s/c will destroy that Thai Accord sh!tbox rice boy