Air lockers

perry111, Dec 3, 7:08am
i have a xj cherokee i would like 2 put a locker in the front, wher can i get a good cheap 1

kingfisher21, Dec 3, 7:14am
No offence, but get a better 4WD to start with, a locker in the front of a Cherokee will only expose all the other weaknesses, axles, CV's, front diff mounts, to name a few. The chinese lockers on here are junk, if you are hell bent on one an ARB one is the way to go.

mugenb20b, Dec 3, 7:34am
Nowhere.

daryl14, Dec 3, 6:57pm
The yanks love beefing up their cherokee drive trains. Get on the net and search the U.S and you will be spoilt for choice!

mugenb20b, Dec 3, 7:20pm
Yes, but it won't be cheap.

daryl14, Dec 3, 8:07pm
What hobby is!

mugenb20b, Dec 3, 8:15pm
OP is asking for a "good" "cheap" one. Maybe a good second hand unit is the answer, but I have no idea where to get one from.

mugenb20b, Dec 3, 8:18pm
No hobby is cheap, but you can always draw the line somewhere. I guess it all depends how much money you've got and the wife.

perry111, Dec 3, 10:19pm
im only 19 i dont have a wife lol even if i did id still be puting a heap ov money in2 mi truck lol

motorway, Dec 3, 10:45pm
Cheapest, best quality with the longest warranty!

offrd1, Dec 3, 10:54pm
Another misinformed and guessing havenever owned a Jeep won't say idiot BUT.you keep the Cherokee they are fine.one thing though it will cost you and won't be cheap.just a thought maybe a auto locker could be the go,they work just fine and are a lot cheaper.Cherokee's are a incredible 4x4 and a lot better than most of the jappo's.also don't listen to the Naysayers on here they are full of it .good luck

perry111, Dec 3, 10:54pm
yep that wud b the way 2 go

kingfisher21, Dec 3, 11:11pm
Been on more 4WD trips and excursions than you've probably had hot dinners, Have towed and rescued more Cherokees than any other makes all put together, they are flimsy poorly built USA heaps of junk, the Ford Taurus of the 4WD world.

offrd1, Dec 3, 11:22pm
Sorry mate i very very much doubt you have. i started 4x4ing in the 1960's .you just provedyou are full of it .i have just about owned every bloody 4x4 you could name and have modified most of them.the jeeps have given the bestrun by far.they are a very tuff little 4x4 .if you want to debate this subject start another thread as i think we are thread jumping.ps you will crucified be on here.lol.as people have been told this rubbish before .it is just NOT true

kingfisher21, Dec 4, 12:07am
Price mate, that says it all, Jeeps in general are cheap for a reason. The money you would need to spend on one to even come close to say a Safari's reliability and capability would send the average joe broke. I work on them every day. Don't even get me started on the electrical system thats worse than your average mid 60's British car.

offrd1, Dec 4, 12:42am
I'm sure you do.! .i 4x4 with them at least every week [ with other other makes as well of course ] there has been a lot of converts over the years.they are just cheap to run and very easy to maintain [ not counting fuel.lol. ] this is the real world,not just some hear say.also i have rescued many 4x4s and been rescued [ including my Fully modified VX Cruiser ] so not sure what your point was .doesn't make any of them a bad 4x4 .Safaris reliability.immmmthe one i had cost the most of any 4x4 i have ever owned,sold it and went VX Cruiser,i spent $20,000 modifying the Cruiser and Deere i say it but my little Jeep goes as just about as many places and more sometimes [ being small ] and is know where near as modified and it costs me about half as much to run [ touch wood ].My vehicles are not shopping trolleys they are thrashed.What you are saying is rubbish.I have a place on the Greenstone West Coast.there have been 4 Cherokees bought there in the last 12 months.[ just as run abouts not hard core ] they are having a great run with theirs as well,they all sold Hiluxs,the best thing they ever did they recon .it always seems to be only people that do not own a jeep that have this strange fixation that the are unreliable .

perry111, Dec 4, 1:46am
so dont get 1 then! iv got 4inch lift 33s snorkel etc at th moment goes most places a safari does.

offrd1, Dec 4, 1:58am
LOL.good on you mate,that would be a shit hot wagon .i had the same problem when i was looking,in the end i just went for it and have never looked back .
The lockright or lokka auto diff lock could be worth a look,in all the reports ihave read they work reallywell and good as on the front,will go that way myself when i get round to it.lol.

kingfisher21, Apr 29, 1:15pm
Depends what you want to do with it, you won't get much change out of 2 grand for an ARB locker, will you get the extra 2 grands worth of enjoyment out of it! You are right in wanting to put one in the front though, you'll get more benefit out of a front locker than a rear one.