Awnings for camper!

juliehall, Dec 4, 5:27am
Hi, wondered if anyone had any feedback on Cvana / Fiamma or Omnistor awnings.We have an extra large horsefloat, doubles as a camper for us too, so looking to put an awning on the side.

howie69, Dec 4, 8:49am
I Had one made by a good canvas maker in Taumarunui, Black Hawk Upholstery. As he is out of the way his prices were really sharp, and the workmanship excellent. I found him through another happy customer who recommended him. You should be able to find someone like him down your way to custom build. It could be far cheaper and better quality.

annies3, Dec 4, 8:52am
We had one made to measure in Dunedin, look in the yellow pages cause I cant remember where it was, near turners auctions somewhere.

juliehall, Dec 5, 1:21am
Are these the pull out types like Campervans have!

juliehall, Dec 5, 1:24am
Is that Marine & Motorhome in Turakina Road!

sewnup, Dec 5, 5:55am
try dunedin motor homes in strathallan street,in behind A motor company

sewnup, Dec 5, 6:00am
marine & motorhomes are on the cnr of wharf & kitchener street

juliehall, Dec 5, 9:18am
Thanks, will call in to them tomorrow

gadgit3, Dec 5, 9:55am
I had a 6m Fiamma on the side of my bus and loved it. I could pull up into my park step out and have the full 6m awning out and set up by myself in less then 2 min. There said not to be to good in the wind but I never had any issues and we had the odd rough night with it out. Would recommend for any one that wants simple and fast but they are pricey.

juliehall, May 5, 6:57pm
Thanks Gadgit, that's why I am looking at these.I know that unless it is quick and easy to operate it won't get used otherwise!Looking at the 4.5m one, prices do vary too.The float is also designed to use for camping for the family, hence this