Embarassing confession

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 12:10am
I feel stupid nobody needs to say the obvious but.
A couple of months ago I sold a car - and trusted them to change their side of ownership (dumb).
Now I have three parking tickets totalling $81. If I supply the new owners details, it seems that they will wipe as per the legal mumble on the back. What can I do about my erstwhile car! should I deregister it in spite! haven't been able to contact the new "owner" as of yet.

Yes dumb I know
very dumb

drew2009, Dec 6, 12:13am
Why not just change the ownership to their details if you know them!
Will cost $10 but be worth it.

steph1211, Dec 6, 12:13am
Yer id de rego it! lol

doublek, Dec 6, 12:14am
Continue trying to contact. If no avail, you can via the Post Office, change ownership to No name, No Address. I thought this was the prerequisite to having the earlier tickets wiped.

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 12:16am
I changed my part online and entered the new owner details. they assured me that they were headed directly to the post office.
poster #2 I think you cant actually make the change without showing the new owners ID!

trdbzr, Dec 6, 12:24am
apply for duplicate plates and say you lost your plates, threaten the current owners that unless they change ownership, you will deregister the car

hamishcookie, Dec 6, 12:25am
I'm pretty sure normally you need their drivers licence number to do it, but there maybe other ways. I Would de rego it but that could come back to bit you as its not yours to de rego

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 12:28am
Yes - but is still registered in my name. wonder what the repercussions would be lol. I'm pretty annoyed and that was my first thought

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 12:38am
You can't. It requires the person whose name it is being changed to to provide ID.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 12:41am
The repercussions to deregistering the vehicle could be serious as you no longer own it. I'll repeat this simple, but far reaching, fact once again: registered ownership is NOT legal title.

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 12:50am
Yep true - but not as satisfying as ruining the vehicle for them!
So only option is change of ownership to unknown! - if no contact with them is made!

drew2009, Dec 6, 1:18am
Is that a new rule! I have several times changed ownerships over without the person even being present or having id. Just went into the AA and gave their details and it was done, this was a while ago though.

If i was the OP i would at least try going down to the AA and explaining the situation and trying to get it changed over, you may be surprised.

elect70, Dec 6, 1:21am
Hang onif youdid the MR13A thats all you are required to doasseller .Didnt they send you confirmation! .They should be chasing the new owner todo his bitincluding the fines.

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 1:31am
I changed the ownership online, they sent a confirmation email.

smac, Dec 6, 2:42am
You mean you have since starting this thread, or you did originally! I assume by changing ownership you actually only mean completing the MR13A.

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 2:44am

Nope I did it originally. Yes completed the MR13A online and recieved confirmation

familiadude, Dec 6, 2:44am
when I sold my girlfriends car I changed the ownership into their name online then and there. they didnt have any extra money for it but was piece of mind for us for only $9.40 or what ever it is

smac, Dec 6, 2:53am
SO when you made a submission to the parking authority pointing this out to them (they will already have looked actually), they said what!

tigertim20, Dec 6, 3:41am
deregister it.fvck them, they have not considered you, and are highly unlikely to come and front up with the costs. derego it. I would in a heartbeat

a.woodrow, May 7, 5:57pm
I have only recieved today, so yet to make a submission. I have tried to contact new owners first