What's the name of the padding stuff in.

deflatedpumpkin, Dec 6, 5:32am
behind door-cards. i can't for the life of me think of the name. i'm re-doing the doorcards on my mini, and need new padding stuff (the goes behind the vinyl), the only name that comes to mind is "dacron" and i dont' think that's right!

brokebloke1, Dec 6, 5:34am
3mm high density foam! thats what I use when doing door cards

deflatedpumpkin, Dec 6, 5:41am
hmm. this stuff is thin fibery polyestery stuff. 3mm would be too thick i think.

mk3zephyr, Dec 6, 5:41am
Dynamat is the stuff you want http://www.dynamat.co.nz/

deflatedpumpkin, Dec 6, 6:12am
looks cool. but that's not the stuff i'm after, it's frustrating me cos i can see it in my head, on a big roll at material shops!

gunhand, Dec 6, 6:15am
Go piont to it at those shops then, you dont need to know the name then lol.
Is it the grey flecked stuff your after!

demons, Dec 6, 6:16am
reid and twinames have uph vinyl that has foam backing have used it on roof linings works well.

treachug, Dec 6, 6:58am
Wadding! Bonded polyester! Reid & Twiname is worth a try.

rob_man, Dec 6, 7:40am
It's called Tetron.

deflatedpumpkin, Dec 6, 7:52am
some of the ladies at spotlight are fairly disagreeable, and "polyestery sheety stuff" might get a bad mannered response lolthe stuff that's in my door was probably once upon a time, a whitey-greeny colour, not foam tho.got some nice cream vinyl enough for both doors and dashboard for $14, so i guess i'd better go brave the crabby spotlight ladies again!
thanks for your help everyone!if i can't find what i'm after, now i've got other options, much appreciated!

tool_shop173, Dec 6, 7:53am
Aint it called ya girlfriends "Bra" !

gunhand, Dec 6, 7:55am
I know the stuff now.Probably what Rob called it, although not what I would have called it had I invented it.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 9:37am
You'd be crabby too if you were old and still worked in a shop!

skin1235, Dec 6, 9:49am
you mean the filler that gives the 'puff' to make the quilted effect, bit like 180gr hollowfill they use in cheap sleeping bags and continental quilts, about 12mm thick but compresses to nothing with very little pressure

mm12345, May 10, 4:13am