Bike crash - Porirua

bigjerry, Jan 29, 10:13am
I saw a nasty ass crash today on the motorway. Blocked off completely north bound, helicopter on the road , ambulances the lot. A few mangled motorbikes. Felt a bit sad but evidently everyone lived. someone fucked it up somewhere i would say. it was a mess.

morrisman1, Jan 29, 10:16am
hope nobody died or is seriously injured. did a helicoper land on the road! Would it have been a airlift to hospital with urgency!

i-n-horz, Jan 29, 10:17am
Not those Ozzy Rebels MC get'n tangled in our complex motoring behaviour!

bigjerry, Jan 29, 10:21am
no it was another club. It was a sight to see a chopper land on the motorway. Just got told who the club was, a club my band played the headquarters. it was narley. No lives lost though.

bigjerry, Jan 29, 10:31am
There was a car involved, 1 as far as i can tell and the police made a point of not identifying the driver. Seems like it could have been there fault and the rozza's are hoping to limit any payback by other club members.

i-n-horz, Jan 29, 10:47am
Sounds like there could be some nasty retribution if the drivers at fault through stupidity.

bigjerry, Jan 29, 10:53am
yeah. i think thats why the rozza's witheld from the media. It looked (in my humble opinion) like your classic lane change without looking.

mbikeman1, Jan 29, 11:40am
oh well,im sure one of the bikers would have taken photos with there phone and more than likely got that persons number plate in one of them,they will be found if they deserve it

croco1, Jan 29, 12:17pm
Showed it on the 6.00pm TV3 news, it was the Highway 61 MC involved and the Police asked TV3 news not to identify on TV the car and it's occupants who were involved.

goslow, Jan 29, 6:45pm
Let me assure you, bigjerry, it was not the car that was damaged at fault. The driver is an innocent victim who was in the wrong place at the wrong time; in fact he and his passenger were fortunate not to be injured themselves - they hit the barrier taking evasive action. Not even the bikers seemed to be blaming them at the scene - there was a second vehicle possibly involved that kept driving (along with several 61 riders). All the same, would you want your identity splashed all over the news if it was you involved! Just the police being prudent.

goslow, Jan 29, 8:15pm
FYI.http://www.radionz.co.nz-
/news/regional/67368/alcohol-s-
uspected-in-motorcycle-crash

croco1, Jan 30, 4:11am

irenew, Jan 30, 5:01am
x1
One passed safely, but the other clipped a ''cars'' and three motorcyclists travelling behind were caught in the pile-up.

Constable Grant Nalder says he could tell some of the motorcyclists had been drinking when he talked to them at the crash site. He says charges could be laid.

Clipped a (singular) "cars" plural. Who'd been drinking!
"charges could be laid" Why don't they say what should be said - charges will be laid.

irenew, Jan 30, 5:06am
There is a vehicle crash. It was someone's fault - therefore there 'will' be charges laid.

wrong2, Jan 30, 5:07am
more motocycles owned = more idiots on bikes

i personally feel that as a percentage they havent just kept pace with the ownership increase , they have become a greater percentage

irenew, Jan 30, 6:30am
Has someone got an English translation for this!!

oliver6, Jan 30, 6:59am
Maybe it means, there are more motorcycles around !
or a bigger percentage of motorcycles now have owners, or more motorcycles now have stupid owners !

carmenk2, Jan 30, 7:17am
all i can say is good job they got hit they wana drink and drive those 61s well they had it coming it was right out side my house u drink n drive well they are the idots .the bikers that is .

trogedon, Jan 30, 7:39am
Yep, any of the above fits.

sfw4, Jan 30, 11:39am
yes 61's Otaki& Pram. there will be no payback etc. they are men and understand sometimes 'shit happens'. All MC's have proper chanels to go thru if any interMC stuff happens [which is very rare] excepting if it was a ethnic gang. hope they wernt drinking

wrong2, Feb 21, 2:57am
are you simple !