Top speed in third!

Page 2 / 2
mk3zephyr, Jan 30, 9:57am

mr_lovebug, Jan 30, 10:06am
not read the whole thread.

Had a 85 prelude that did a 135 3rd gear &it was on the red line & still pulling out.

The hitchhiker went white. I picked him on busy fast moving motorway & really put my foot down.

The flow of cars was doing around 110 mark or sightly more.

once I started passing cars & saw I was doing that sort of speed I backed off. That also was a test for the car too. he he.

That was some years ago now & have married & grown old since!

gunhand, Jan 30, 8:45pm
! !. maybe you should be more awhere of children while your in bed then. If you somehow are saying Im dreaming, I suggest you do some very simple 5 minute or less research. I dont make claims that can not be backed up on here.

hi-ling, Jan 30, 9:23pm
Totally agree, some of these tossers have no idea what a bike can do.
Your bike bets me in first, I can only manage 140, but I can pull 315, in fifth, (and not indicated speed, GPS logged),and has been clocked in flying mile at 327 in 6th

southcoastc, Jan 30, 10:08pm
Christ mate you must have been doing more than that yesterday, I was tapped out and flat on the tank at 310kmh and you went past me like I was going backwards.wanna sell it to me!.go on I know you wanna.

desmodave, Jan 30, 10:20pm
If your pissed off with something is it not better to let it out and get it off your chest.You could always just throw a rock or pull a trigger at some barstard thats upset you but this forum is a safe alternative.

hi-ling, Jan 30, 11:37pm
Hiya Bugs,your speedo must be out mate as I was still in fifth.lol. that new turbo works real good.410 hp now and still wanting more.

socram, Feb 21, 11:11am
I think the point is that as a pedestrian, you have no idea whether a passing car was in 1st, 2nd, 3rd 4th etc. Unless you heard them start from stationary and counted the gear changes.

Very few people are adept at judging speed as it relies on a mix of actual movement plus occasionally, audible cues such as engine noise and whilst some of you on here are obviously used to high revving bike engines, estimating the speed of a lazy torquey V8 for example, with excellent silencing, such as Rolls, is extremely difficult.

Less than 3% of 100's of people I have trained over the years can accurately and consistently assess the difference between someone walking at 3mph and at 4mph, let alone a car or bike going a fair bit faster!