If someone lost their licence.-.

jsbike, Jan 30, 11:03pm
in court, thats your NZ drivers licence gone, can you lawfully then drive on an australian licence if you have one!

kazbanz, Jan 30, 11:08pm
The law as i recall saysthat you can drive for 12 months from first arriving in NZ on an auzzie licence

gunhand, Jan 30, 11:12pm
So you lost your NZ licence in court! you have a Aussie licence and want to drive with this instead! Hmmm interesting but I would think no. Could be wrong but would be an interesting loophole.

jono2912, Jan 30, 11:13pm
I wouldn't think so, I would of thought the NZ licence would supersede the Aussie one.!

wrong2, Jan 30, 11:14pm
i doubt it

the state of your NZ licence would get relayed when they searched your name/address/plate number details

the recent court order would overide any legal standing you have in oz

tmenz, Jan 30, 11:15pm
If you get caught doing something wrong then you'll probably find that there's a cross reference on the database - especially if you produced your Australian licence to get an NZ one - or vice versa.

jsbike, Jan 30, 11:16pm
I have my license and have no court dates, I was just wondering if it was a loop-hole.

pico42, Jan 30, 11:26pm
The punishment is disqualification from driving, not just handing the plastic back.

gunhand, Jan 30, 11:27pm
What you need is a Maori Licence, prob solved.

smac, Jan 31, 12:03am
I doubt, but you're still driving while disqualified.

jsbike, Jan 31, 12:07am
yeah I could see that although you still have a valid Ozzy licence, you are still driving while disq on an nz license

tmenz, Jan 31, 12:37am
It's all right if you're driving an Aussie car - they make special allowances for those who do!

smac, Feb 21, 10:11pm