Lawn Mower help!

shovel5, Dec 14, 5:41am
have posted in gardening also, but doesnt appear to have much life over there.

Hi people, just wondering if anyone is able to give me any advice and possibly save me some $$$. While mowing the other day I rammed the front of it into a stick when trying to get under a bush. now it is idleing at very low revs even when on full throttle-regardless of where I move the throttle to, it stays at a very slow run, I have removed the top casing of the mower and tried moving the bits that the throttle lever actually controls but this doesnt change anything.any tips

thanks in advance:)

ambo11, Dec 14, 5:48am
Sounds like governor rod or spring has been bent out of shape or broken, should be an easy fix for a mower shop. Its a four stroke Briggs and Stratton motor!

mbikeman1, Dec 14, 5:49am
the cable has come loose or disconected i would say,can you see the lever on the engine moving when you move the throtle control on the handle!

golem, Dec 14, 5:51am
check key in keyway. possibly bent or sheared.

snoopy221, Dec 14, 5:52am
Ya need some tools.
And a camera is a good1.
under the top cover there should be an **air vane** which sorta connects to the throttle bits.
and a springy spring is in there 2.LOL
Idealy when ya go from slow to fast you are giving more spring tension to the vane.so a hand on the vane will reveal the bent govener linkage.
[or a photoshopped picture with arrows 2 **bend !n! tweak here-lol]

monzaman, Dec 14, 5:54am
What ambo11 said,I've done same and fixed it by removing cover and bending first lever bracket (rotates about 90 degrees attached to throttle cable) back to original shape.

mbikeman1, Dec 15, 9:02am
and then!

neville48, Dec 17, 9:07am
these mowers are a pain in the ask your mother.the govenor pokes out the front and hits trees first, its the bit with the spring attached and just needs long nose pliers and tweek it out again. cost me 20 bux at a mower shop first time, never again.