Handful of walnuts in my sr20ve!

rlr29, Dec 17, 9:31am
P10 primera wagon has started making a noticeable rattle at idle, and varys with engine speed.(Sort of intermittant, ie, rattles for about 1sec, then off for 3seconds)

Sounds like a old pcv valve that I had once that ticked in and out until I ended up finding a vacuum leak.Hoping its not CVT related.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 17, 9:44am
have you checked the oil! when last did you service it! also. it could be the camchain making noise!

icemans1, Dec 17, 9:54am
money on the timing chain

neo_psy, Dec 17, 10:15am
Did the P10 come in a wagon! Learn something new every day.

bubbles244, Dec 17, 6:39pm
P10 didnt have cvt. auto or 5 speed manual.

yep, sold in the UK as an "estate" and JDM market was wingroad.

r15, Dec 17, 9:31pm
p10 came as sedan or liftback, no wagon.

p11 came as a wagon, also came with a VE. so probably a p11. not that it makes any difference to the question

the-lada-dude, Dec 17, 9:41pm
christ, he;'s not worried if it came as a 8 door space ship or if it came all over him !
he wants to know why his nuts are rattling when he gets his motor turned on.

rlr29, Dec 20, 5:11am
It's got that 1-4 sound, thats not consistent, so I'm pretty sure its not reciprocating assembly.

and Yes, I meant P11.

noswalg, Dec 20, 5:31am
the spaceship was never released as an 8 door, there was a concept one built but it crashed in the desert during testing!

carstauranga001, Dec 20, 5:36am
What on earth do you mean!

kazbanz, Dec 20, 5:38am
RLR29In my opinion your camchain is needing replacing or the tensioner is "floating" rather than clicked over to the next notch

rlr29, Dec 23, 9:13am
Yeah, it's stopped doing it now.Will be keeping an eye on it for the next week or so.Thanks bro