R.I.P gm

3tomany, Dec 17, 9:09pm
http://detroitnews.com/article/20111217/AUTO01/112170345/1148/auto01/-Old-GM-buried-bad-assets-09-bankruptcy I am sure the new caretakers of the estate being the taxpayers of the world will take good care of it

the-lada-dude, Dec 17, 9:30pm
amazing stats !

but it's good to see FORD made it thru !
the CHEVY / FORD shoot out @ the ok coral has a winner , finally !

3tomany, Dec 17, 9:48pm
gm got the last laugh as taxpayers who drive fords or other brands have all had to pay meaning buyers of gm product have all had there car sudsidised duy a ford driver

gay-panda-guy, Dec 17, 9:49pm
Weird.isn't GM still alive! It looks like they just called their debts "Old GM" and filed for bankruptcy yet carried dealing under the new GM.

3tomany, Dec 17, 9:55pm
i wish i could do that just filebankrupt clear most of the mortgage dont pay any deptors and keep all my employees pention funds then carry on paying myself big bonuses for ever after

neo_psy, Dec 17, 9:56pm
Yep - they changed the name of "Old" GM to something and incorporated "General Motors" as a new company.

Not that unusual, really, in the States.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 17, 10:31pm
Not unusual anywhere.

elect70, Dec 17, 10:54pm
Didnt they repay thegovernment bail out loans!

nave12, Dec 17, 10:59pm
At the start of 2009 gm were packing the brownies in their pants and ran to Ford and asked if they would consider a merger with them,Fords answer----Hellllllllllllllllll-
lll No!-----,they knew their ship was sinking and sinking fast,Ford sold off a lot of car companies that they had acquired over the years such as aston martin,jaguar,volvo etc and gm was laughing thinking Ford was on the last leg when actually they were preparing themselves for the forthcoming economy collapse,whos laughing now!.

3tomany, Dec 18, 12:09am
no they paid back leftover money they didnt use i think it was a couple of billion out of 49 billion. then the government sold half there new shares and got another 12billion. since then the shares have droped in value leaving the government having to hold onto the rest. that doesnt include what other governments gave such as the canadians and the aussies gave a couple of hundred million to save holden and on and on it goes

jono2912, Dec 18, 12:22am
You!

nave12, Dec 18, 1:11am
gm = government motors.

mellisa2000, Dec 18, 3:55am
Include me in your scheme before you need a bailout too eh!
Fish.

3tomany, Dec 18, 5:08am
will do you can be a subsidary like holden ,might be a couple of hundred mill in it for you

elect70, Dec 19, 1:23am
Dont they just file a chapter 11 whichprevents creditorssuing for$$!

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 8:24am
3Tomany: See you in a couple of weeks, will manage a couple of days up your way so keep the fridge cold! Around 7/8 Jan!
Fish

3tomany, Dec 20, 1:09am
whatever fish said here would not have been offensive and will not be the cause of his holiday