WoF Time.

moosie_21, Dec 18, 2:09am

franc123, Dec 18, 3:58am
Typical comments from an ignoramus journo.He obviously forgets that firstly NZTA make the WOF regs, not inspectors or mechanics, and that there is an amazing strategy for getting through inspections first time thats pretty well known, its called maintaining your vehicle to a high standard at all time and attending to things as soon as they break/blow/deteriorate/develop-
too much wear, after all its the owner operators responsibility to do the above, not anyone elses.Gets a pass every time funnily enough.

ema1, Dec 18, 4:52am
I'll bet that ignoramous journo good for nothing would have something different to say if his car was deemed to be WOF faulty in the case of a preventable accident eg brakes that aren't up to scratch or a tyre with insufficient tread causing a skid leading to an accident.
But oh no I doub't very much if they would accept blame even if it was so obvious it's their fault, those types think they are "teflon coated" and try to wriggle out of any situation.
For gods sake where do these "Crap Heads" come from that are in our media these days, some admittedly are the exception but they form a rather small percentage of the media at large I'm afraid.
Often they spout stuff they know didly squat about, just so they seem to be god almighty important in the eyes of the general public.
In actual fact over the years they have gone down lower and lower heaps in my estimation.

smac, Dec 18, 5:38am
.or.you could read that in the mood it was written and go "ha, yeah, we've all felt like that at one time or another", have a laugh, and move on.

ema1, Dec 18, 5:54am
Could do but some of the media these days leave much to be desired. Crap just plain uneducated crap lots of it is.

smac, Dec 18, 5:56am
Yeah I agree with the sentiment, but the weird thing is the average journo has more letters after their name than I find in my alphabet soup. They're not uneducated, they're just ignorant ;)

franc123, Dec 18, 5:59am
Sorry but that article was trash pure and simple, while it was trying to depict a situation motorists could identify with it wasn't funny and wasn't competently written either, and even exaggerated in a weird way.

gunhand, Dec 18, 6:09am
I thought it was kinda funny and a piss take really. BUT how many times have "some" mechanics ripped unsuspecting customers off! More than a few and "some" still try. Geez theres enough complaints on here about it sometimes.

steve312, Dec 18, 7:11am
And I'd put money on the fact that the journalist would be the first to complain if an item missed in a WOF inspection caused an accident.Unfortunately there is no way an AVI can do the right thing in the view of the customer.Go easy on the WOF check and you are accused of being incompetent and go by the book and you are just after unnecessary work.This article is another example of trying to show mechanics as money hungry tradesmen that generally rip all motorists off.

twink19, Dec 18, 7:51am
what a moron

modie61, Dec 18, 8:47am
Hope his car fails every time for the rest of his life,which may be short. Lol.

moosie_21, Dec 19, 4:57am
Jeezus, it was just a funny article guys. Did you all buy a Chrisco hamper and get shafted by them for cancelling it before Xmas! Far out!

franc123, Dec 19, 5:10am
There is little that is funny about labelling an entire profession with a title of Dicko the Dungbeetle, a person who is performing a SAFETY inspection and safety related repairs on a vehicle, and then later implies that they should carry out their work no matter how significant for free or in exchange for minimal non cash payment like alcohol and chips.I don't think that doctors, brain surgeons, pilots, aircraft engineers, electricians or anyone else who's competence and decision making could potentially affect lives would find it funny either.When the motor trade eventually runs out of people who are willing to put up with this sort of crap and badmouthing you will know who to blame.

kazbanz, Dec 19, 5:10am
Guys--reading the tone of that article id say it was written by a woman

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 7:26am
Yeah! They're still a 4 arkin Fa got!
I'm really peeved. Not much gets under my skin, but this crock pushed my buttons. I'm going to complain and then I'm going to write to/email/approach this POS to retract or re do the story.4 ark I'm angry!
That is a direct personal attack on me and my peers.
Fish.

bjdw, Dec 19, 7:32am
This isn't an article, it's an opinion piece.

A wannabe comedian trying to take the piss.

It isn't meant to be taken seriously.

bjdw, Dec 19, 7:39am
And she spelt scrapes "scraps".

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 7:45am
BTW it was by a MATT RILKOFF, funny name for a sheila!

mellisa2000, Dec 19, 7:46am
Hmmm, may get a holiday for that, can't edit now.

jmma, Dec 19, 8:36am
OOppps looks like Fish stepped over the line, Sorry to see that

mugenb20b, Dec 19, 8:37am
Bugger, he didn't say anything that was out of line.

jmma, Dec 19, 8:46am
Unfortunately he did, to much detail, but for something he believes is right for him to do. Good luck Fish

3tomany, Dec 19, 9:15pm
someone must have narked, fish is passionate but a realy nice guy the whole messageboard needs a holiday if fish gets banned