Saab

the-lada-dude, Dec 19, 8:00pm
went bankrupt ! GM refused chinese deal and some how will cut its losses, probably the swedish govt will bail them out !

intrade, Dec 19, 8:11pm
saab are based on Gm opel-holden platform dont think the sweedish are that stupide to bail a sinking boat out.
Some facts that i know off and i guess its all the same big company only juggle numbers and $$ they dont see where the company goes wrong and rather sack more workers then to fix the problem and continue the same path down the gurgler with less people.
Like NAW switzerland is no more they used to make mercedes special Trucks, We even made some for auckland in the late 90s. I back then could see they go down the gurgler as parts for trucks where no where to be seen unfinished truckes came off the assembly due to missmanagment and workers stole most things not tied down. Like masking tape . etc. They offered me a fulltime job but i refused , as i dont want to work on a Titanic. And i found out that NAW is no more since a few years already now. NO wonder !if you know the facts.

intrade, Dec 19, 8:14pm
Now to the chinese now that is dangerous they are a dictator ship and they will dictate the world what they got to do. china already put tarrifs on cars not assembled in china to help there econnomy, they are not interested to save others they only look for them and every moron country has his machines in china now Just look in nz 95% of all things are made in china.
So i do understand if they dont want a deal with china.

the-lada-dude, Dec 20, 12:45am
arh huh !

foxdonut, Dec 20, 1:39am
The Sweedish government has already said it won't help them: http://www.thelocal.se/17668/20090218/

Outside of the Chinese the best hope they had was Von Koenigsegg, and hedropped the idea pretty quick.

That twit from Spyker had a stack of cash (somehow but he blew it all on a season of Formula One in 07 and no one has brought the C8 to fund the rest of his delusions.

I'd say Saab are had it. A shame, they made some good cars over the years.

3tomany, Dec 20, 2:05am