Help please guys :)

candii06, Dec 20, 1:51am
hey guys, got another problem i need your help with please! drove my "then" running well 93 mazda ms-8 efini 2.5 V6 from manukau to whitford last night (20ish minute drive) parked up in my friends driveway, stayed the night. got in it this morning. tried to start it and it wont crank at all. dash lights and everything come up in the "ON" position, then turn to "START" and nothing, no starter motor noise or anything, all i can hear is this weird buzzing/clicking sound from the fuel injector area that ive never heard before while it is in "ON" was thinking battery so tried jumping it. still the Efini is dead. what could it be guys!

shorebee, Dec 20, 2:13am
take the trans out of park and oput it back in, it may think its not securely in the park mode

elect70, Dec 20, 2:25am
Be the starter soleniod trying topull in.Makjes a rattling noise

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 20, 2:50am
Battery is probably low to the starter brushes worn causing what elect70 described. Nothing to do with injectors.

drew2009, Dec 20, 3:54am
Trying taking it out of park then putting back in as said. Also try starting it in N sometimes that works. Inhibitor Switch could be a bit iffy. Does it have an immobiliser!

hondalova, Dec 20, 5:03am
check wiring on starter.

kazbanz, Dec 20, 5:44am
Old car old starter. -I'm betting on starter has jammed.
I know its not manual but try taking the park brake off "rocking" the car back and forwards fairly agressively. if its the first time its happened that may be enough to get the starter to click back. If this does work then the next step is to get the starter pulled out and cleaned and lubed.in the throwout area.(not the innards)

candii06, Dec 21, 4:30am
**UPDATE** ok just went over to the friends house where the efini was stranded. got in it. turned the key & it started up straight away first pop. no one has touched it since it failed to start the other day. very strange! the only difference between the day it wouldnt start and now is that it was very very cold on that morning, but it was hotter weather when i went back today. what would cause an engine to stop cranking all together when its cold weather but allows it to start in warm weather! thanks

irule, Dec 21, 11:21am
I had exactly the same car a few years ago and it developed the same problem, all I did was put it in neutral and it would start fine. When I asked at the time there are apparently some weird (expensive) switches in the dash. Didn't happen very often so I didn't give a shit.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 21, 11:48am
not strange, you probably slammed the door in disappointment when you left, giving the brushes the knock it may have needed

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 21, 7:42pm
No weird expensive switch in the dash. It's called an inhibitor switch and it's on the gearbox to prevent people starting automatic vehicles in gear.

candii06, Dec 22, 2:01am
**update again** thought i would see if the cold morning weather did play a part in the starting problem and yup at 7am this morning the efini failed to start again. Dash lights all normal, battery good, that weird buzzing sound i heard last time from the injector area when in the "on" position was back. anyways took the A6 out for the day. came back at around 2pm. got in the efini again & bang all was back to normal & it started first pop. i doubt it is the inhibitor switch & the starter was only reconnd 6 months ago. it definitely seems temperature related if you get what i mean. what could that weird buzzing noise be from the injector area when it is "ON" not "START". during cold weather. when i turned it back to "ON" this afternoon. it did not make that buzzing sound and it just fired up as usual. really need to get this issue fixed because now the a6 here. i want to sell the efini & my 3 other cars to free up driveway space + the cost of keeping so many cars on the road is doing my head in! haha

male_timaru, Dec 22, 3:16am
$1 no reserve sell it to (or aim wording of auction to) auto sparkys wanting new year's project could be 5 minute six could be 1 week

Competent auto sparky will sort it in 5 minutes to 1 day !

candii06, Dec 22, 6:53am
hmmmm. was thinking of doing that but really want to try and squeeze every last penny out of it. as in i think it will sell for more as a properly running/wofd/regd car ;) keep the ideas coming. theres gotta be something common on these old mazdas that stuffs out on them causing the issue i have :)

rojill, Dec 22, 8:24am
Condensation somewhere in the electrics that dries out during the day !

Maybe in a control ! module ! . . ! !

bigjerry, Dec 22, 8:47am
Just service your car regularly. cold starts wont be an issue. Its all about maintenance mate. Theres no secret gremlin or weird engine issue.