rambler_man, Dec 21, 9:18am
What are you thinking !

easygoer, Dec 21, 9:20am
Rambler used to be reffered to as the American Vanguard

mm12345, Dec 21, 9:22am
hahahhahahaaaaahhhahhhahahhaha-
h !%$#@%$@!
Oops - sorry - that wasn't an opinion.
That was an involuntary - but 100% honest - reaction.
Next minute you'll be asking if the russian girl should pick up the $250,000 ring you're buying for her in Geneva or New York when she's on her way over to marry you.

rambler_man, Dec 21, 9:25am
My rambler V8 is no Vanguard! Vey nice CAR

gunhand, Dec 21, 10:03am
Most of the 60s ramblers seem quite okay. Some Ive seen are very nice, certainly no worse than a 65 coon infact bit nicer looking if you ask me. Im sure they rust just the same as any other 60s car.

skin1235, Dec 21, 10:08am
but not the vanguard you mean, the Vanguard was the pinnacle, the foreleader, the strong frontrunner,

most people who know it has a different meaning to the old rugged battleaxe on 4 wheels were still mistaken by thinking the Vanguard was the rear guard, the ones who protected the supply lines, not at the frontline

Vanguard - the forward element of an advancing military formation

mm12345, Dec 21, 10:10am
Yes they are - and a lot less common, and much less desirable except to an enthusiast.
So, if you're an "enthusiast", that's fine.But an enthusiast really isn't going to be needing to ask for opinions on TM forums.

chevcamaro, Dec 21, 10:15am
great idea, if you don't like it you can on sell it as long as you don't pay to much,those that do have them think they are the bees knees

singing1, Dec 21, 12:39pm
Vanguards were a great tank.oh I mean car. You could build a Honda from the steel in the front fender alone. I have an old advertisement that shows 10 stacked one on top of the other.just to show how strong they are. LOL.they didn't have Photoshop then either.

m16d, Dec 21, 5:00pm
My mates old man had a Rambler Classic way back in the 60's.
Was the worst handling car I'd ever driven.

rambler_man, Dec 21, 6:53pm
Torana low pressure rear shocks, Gas over front shocks,Lovell springs, modern tyres and mags what a different car to drive, handles as good as any 55 Chev shoe box .

poppajn, Dec 21, 7:26pm
A friend had a '66 Rambler V8 3 speed manuel. a beautiful car to ride in and went well.

dave170, Dec 21, 7:43pm
this is the one im looking at.Listing #: 433512347

richard198, Dec 21, 8:28pm
"Norman the gambler, rides around in a Rambler. With pretty girls, in the back."

drog, Dec 21, 8:52pm
Hence Guardsvan.

mm12345, Dec 21, 9:02pm
My dad had one.It ruined many family holidays.It was usually just minor stuff, like broken axles, diffs etc.A few times we had to ditch it and leave it in small town garages as they didn't have a stack of Rambler spares out the back, rent a car to get us home, then go and pick it up again when it was fixed a month or two later.
I recall that the bell housing inexplicably cracked apart on one trip, but I think we managed to limp home. I still can't get my head around that one - WTF would a bell housing fall to bits!
It was eventually replaced with a late '60s Vauxhall Cresta.This never failed us on family holidays.

sifty, Dec 21, 9:10pm
think they were pretty basic. Nothing special at all but a bit rarer over here. Suppose it's a cheap way into the american cruise scene and a bit different to the norm.

skin1235, Dec 22, 10:08am
but not the vanguard you mean, the 'Vanguard' means the pinnacle, the foreleader, the strong frontrunner,

most people who know it has a different meaning to the old rugged battleaxe on 4 wheels were still mistaken by thinking the Vanguard was the rear guard, the ones who protected the supply lines, not at the frontline

Vanguard - the forward element of an advancing military formation