Idiot Biker

Page 1 / 2
richard198, Dec 22, 12:21am
Riding a red Triumph Daytona @ 12.00 today on Fanshawe st. Auckland.
Runs a red light (very late), sees a double trailer truck start to turn on his green light across the highway in front of our "hero" who then carries on riding, only to nearly cross it up at the last minute, as he sounds his horn at the truckie!
What a disgrace to the biking fraternity!

pzkpfw, Dec 22, 1:04am
Yep. There's no mode of transport free of idiots. The clue: all drivers/riders are people.

granada, Dec 22, 1:09am
Tempory New Zealander

wrong2, Dec 22, 1:25am
the difference being Motorcyclists are supposed to be more clued up than most others

pauldw, Dec 22, 1:30am
You have to separate the "Mid-Life Come Latelies" from longer term motorcyclists.

wrong2, Dec 22, 1:32am
oh yeah. for sure

johnf_456, Dec 22, 1:43am
I agree, I had one yesterday in Onehunga overtaking me while half way around a corner turning left leaving less than a m from my bumper. They sure don't like any confrontation in the means of a horn or verbal. I think lot of it is due to the ego a lot of them have and they hate to be challenged in any form.

i-n-horz, Dec 22, 2:20am
Put'n on a pair of boxing gloves doesn't make you a boxer.an idiot on a motorcycle doesn't make him a motorcyclist / biker.it just makes him an idiot on a motorcycle and there will be plenty around this time of year.

marcos1, Dec 22, 6:39am
I had the same johnboy , but it was on the off ramp.

Some twat in a benz coupe decided to make a whole new lane.

What road were you on!

cocabowla, Dec 22, 7:20am
my peeve of the day was the lady driver entering n/w m/way from rosebank rd in a small toyota, pulled straight over into lane 2 doing only 80k almost taking out a car which had to brake to avoid contact. continued on at 80 to the off ramp to go to peninsula, as the lanes split into 2 i ducked to the right lane to get by but the lights went orange and easily stopped while this silly bat kept on without slowing running the red.

johnf_456, Dec 22, 7:30am
Not even going to bother answering

trogedon, Dec 22, 7:48am
Don't be paranoid John - he's not getting at you (that's other people's job).

marcos1, Dec 22, 8:23am
There's no need to be insulting.

That comment was uncalled for.

ema1, Dec 22, 9:38am
No Tomorrow Mentality.

berg, Dec 22, 5:44pm
Not just a "biker" thing at this time of the year. Unfortunately it seems so many drivers out there are thinking about other things rather than the driving. Almost got wiped out by a non indicating lane changer (fortunately guessed what she would do) and have observed some terrible driving out there.
Travel safe everybody and be on your toes. Want everybody back here next year

twink19, Dec 22, 7:18pm
the signs say Look Out For Bikes,because some riders are stupid

trogedon, Dec 22, 7:55pm
I dread going out on the roads at this time of year & the last time I left home was Monday!

desmodave, Dec 22, 8:40pm
Weve been without our local cop this week so its ride or drive whatever you like.Dirt bike tyres dont last long an a sealed road.

i-n-horz, Dec 22, 10:48pm
Tell'us about it.back in the day when we rode dirt bikes legally (requirements,#plate,lights) on the road to get to Woodhill,Muriwai,Bethells and even the Coromandles you'd have a new tyre wait'n a home for your return.fun though,weren't limited to the roads wherever we went.

johnf_456, Dec 23, 1:43am
I agree, I had one yesterday in Onehunga overtaking me while half way around a corner turning left leaving less than a m from my bumper. I think lot of it is due to their big ego a lot of them have and they hate to be challenged in any form.

kazbanz, Dec 23, 2:01am
Trust me mon you are doing the best thing. the traffic round the mall is madness

mrfxit, Dec 23, 8:36am
Around Hamilton .
Been seeing it for the last year, ppl not backing off OR not getting a move on at the end of merging lanes.
Going really slow on clear roads or really fast in heavy traffic.

romulan7, Dec 23, 9:18am
Christmas Day and Boxing Day the Bikers will be swarming in mass to one particlular city in the North Island.

trogedon, Dec 23, 9:52am
My brother n law was a Policeman at Ohakuni and then Ratahi and he said they??

berg, Dec 23, 7:02pm
Yep, I will be one of them but not at the speed some will travel at. I'm quite happy to bumble along a 95-100kph and actually get there and back.