Short shifters.

gasngo2, Dec 23, 2:04am
Has any one on heregot or used those quick shift kits for their cars,do they work ok,i was looking at them in parts section,the fd3s ones, they must be quick fit as well cause theres not much to them.

jummybuffett, Dec 23, 2:17am
depends on driving style.
mud personallyhave one here for a fd

gasngo2, Dec 23, 2:21am
ok,so you got one in an fd! and it works ok,if i get one it will be driven around the track type stuff.

jummybuffett, Dec 23, 4:36am
had it in my fd,it came back out quickly ,yes it worked not sure about well,
was not in a street car either,
yes was a quick fit, done with in the hour easily.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 23, 6:33am
How short are they!
A little reduction goes a long way, especially on a modern car as most are fairly short to start with. Different from the days of adding these things to cars of the 70's.
If in doubt buy a Multipla, factory short shifter on every single one.

gasngo2, Dec 24, 1:37am
hmm,what do you mean by not working well!did it go in to gear smoothly,was it not suited to the turbo coming on,reving out !could it still be driven at speed with good changes, cheers jummy.

rlr29, Dec 24, 9:37am
If the sticks shorter, then the throw out will be faster, and if your synchros don't like it then it'll crunch at high RPMS.Thats if you can even aim at 3rd.

gasngo2, Dec 24, 8:33pm
cheers,it did crunch a bit with factory box anyway some times,changed gear oil to redline and that seems to work,i have bought it any way so will fit it next year and see how it performs.if its no good it will be sent back as the guy said refund if it doesnt work properly.