What Laarm would you pick out of these 2!

jason18, Dec 23, 9:25am
I am sure both are chinese aye. I would rather have a basic uniden as at least they are more reliable. My wifes parents had a cheapy installed. Had so many problems. For that money you could probably go for a cheap GPS

richard198, Dec 23, 9:28am
As an ex installer (shoddy!) I installed a lot of the security one alarms.
I lost count of the number times we had to replace the modules due to faults.
I can't comment on the other one; I've never heard of it.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:29am
I thought of a cheap GPS unit. but really its not a car worth recovering, a deterant is more than enough for a auto caldina 1.8 hahaha , and yeah i wouldnt be surprised if they were BOTH chinese really.Both products i cannot find sites for online. so its an equal gamble really.( I gotta admit that i do like the autostart feature. LOL )

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:31am
Lol im talking about the guys who sell them and pretty much install them with no insulation tape with clip crimps or just twisting the bare wires together. lol ( I gotta be honest, i have removed more alarms than installed them. there is nothing too special about alot of them. most can be bypassed with a paperclip! lol )

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:33am
yeah Iv done a few. i might take a step back and think about how it was done but ill remember.

richard198, Dec 23, 9:33am
Don't overlook the inhibitor switch wire!
There was a well known case of a diy install resulting in a truck "remote" started launching into a shop window due to "shoddy" install!

richard198, Dec 23, 9:35am
Yeah, those "installs" are awful!

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:35am
lol. well if its in park . being auto it shouldnt go anywere unless the auto lock on the box is broken and the handbrake is off.

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:41am
Lol when i was on trail at a Auto sparky shop. I had to investigate why a car had come back with its alarm working. while the car was on. apparently a previous worker did the job + a radio install , a toyota corona, NO radio. No clock. the wires had all unraveled itself. the loom had burnt itself away shorting out on the dashboard brace/support bar needless to say. the owner was happy that everything was working a few hours later. I have never seen such a bad install. untill a few years later when i saw the same sort of install done to a friends Pulsar with a brand new AVS alarm. it burnt out the brain and the seller-installer refused to fix it. luckily avs was kind enough to sell the brain itself for cheap. I fixed it and all was fine.

>
And thats all desides the point. im just looking for a cheap thing to make people think twice. and make a loud noise when people open there doors on it :(

richard198, Dec 23, 9:42am
I think that was about it! A freaky set of coincidences but true.
I put a Dynatron in my car about 6 years ago and still going strong!
If I had to put another one in I'd pay the bucks for a Mongoose. Loved putting those in!

ginga4lyfe, Dec 23, 9:44am
this caldina had a mongoose in. I ripped it out because all it did was flash its Status LED hahaha, Had no remotes, and was all plugged in. relays and all, not such a great alarm setup if the relays are in a normally closed position allowing the car to operate unless power was put on them. -_-

richard198, Dec 23, 9:46am
They do need to be installed properly!

jono2912, Dec 23, 11:09am
Try the fusion alarm - pretty easy to install, cheaper, and better quality than the ones you suggested.

richard198, Dec 24, 9:28am
As an ex installer (shoddy!) I installed a lot of the security one alarms.
I lost count of the number times we had to replace the modules due to faults.
I can't comment on the other one; I've never heard of it.

Since you plan on installing yourself, can I assume you are familiar with "Normally open, normally closed" concept of central locking!