WOF. Hay traders could someone please tell me what u need to pass a wof so i can do a at home check before i take it in

nvabeenthre, Dec 23, 7:23pm
Hay traders could someone please tell me what u need to pass a wof so I can do a at home check before I take it in

andrea_w, Dec 23, 7:29pm
lmao this has to be a wind up thread.

kevymtnz, Dec 23, 7:32pm
1st thing you do is go outside n see if it is still there and not been stolen

morrisman1, Dec 23, 7:41pm
if you're going to do a home check before just do the things like lights all working, exhaust not leaking, tyres all at least 1.5mm thread depth, spare bolted in and check for rust if that could be a factor on your car.

You can download the VIRM which has full details of the WOF inspection, just google it

pup2, Dec 23, 7:47pm
a car

franc123, Dec 23, 7:59pm
LMAO there is far more things that a vehicle has to comply to that can be covered in a brief thread on here, it takes a hell of a lot longer than five minutes to explain.Leave it up to the inspector and fix what gets failed unless you want to spend several hours reading the eVIRM and probably still not understanding much of it.

wheeler1, Dec 23, 8:22pm
best advise I can give is to check all the lights tyres etc as above but also take it clean .For example dont leave the seatbelt jammed behind the seats covered in a foot of dog hair and drool ,remove the dirty knappies that have been there for a month ,fill the washer bottle cause my workshop is not the only place with water some one else add their things

toyboy3, Dec 23, 8:46pm
remove the golf clubs from the bootso the car can be inspected

ozz1, Dec 23, 10:08pm
3 screaming kids in the back. used to work a treat

big.b-lil.c, Dec 23, 11:47pm
take it for a service and pre wof check with a MECHANIC not a back yarder.

tonyrockyhorror, Dec 23, 11:54pm
Why would you bother to get someone else to do a pre-WoF check that will cost you when you get a free 28-recheck! And why would you go to any non-'backyarder' mechanic that doesn't have a WoF ticket!

mugenb20b, Dec 23, 11:57pm
It doesn't actually, as they all have to be out of the car, along with kiddy seats.

saffa2, Dec 24, 12:00am
What size bales!.

beblowin, Dec 24, 1:00am
skateboards dont need a wof but they do need servicing every 100kms LOL

sandypheet, Dec 24, 1:06am
This time of year a box of piss will do.

triangle1, Dec 24, 3:06am
Make sure the tyres are not flat.

gabbysnana, Dec 25, 6:22am
Arent you doing a re-register, I would have thought the WOf would be the least of your worries!

duanz, Dec 25, 6:27am
omg this cud be a long day for you.

basics are
lights
tyres
oil leaks
seat belts
RUST any they find they will slap you for.
brakes/hand brake include
ball joints/wheel bearings/steering rack etc, bascially any part that moves under the car will be checked over by at least 3 mechanics in vtnz.
windscreen-crack free
door hinges for rust
thats a rough list too get you started, but throw it in for a wof check they give you 28days for a pre check so want cost you a cent

good luck

also what one mechanic will fail you on can differ too the next soo just becoz you get it checkd at your local garage doesnt means its guna fly thru vtnz

marcos1, Dec 25, 6:48am
You just repeated a previous post.

Did you not read the thread!